+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A question about part-time work experience

cindy2109

Feb 21, 2019
As I was working for blockchain industry for the last year, the company hire me in a part-time way and pay me in cryptocurrency, which is quite common in blockchain industry today.

Can I use this work experience as my skilled worker experience? Usually, what documents applicants should provide to prove the work experience?

Frank GH

Nov 15, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney - NS
Hey buddy,

that's how CIC needs it:

You must provide proof of work experience for your current job and for each past position you listed. Proof must include a reference letter from your employer and pay stubs, if you have them. The reference letter must:
  • be an official document printed on company letterhead
  • include your name, the company's contact information (address, telephone number and e-mail address), the signature of your immediate
  • show all positions held while employed at the company
  • include these details: job title, duties/responsibilities, job status (if current job), the dates you worked for the company, the number of work hours per week and your annual salary plus benefits.
You must scan all documents for this period of employment and save them as one file. (You must create a separate file for each period of employment.)

Frank GH

Nov 15, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney - NS
Just remember that pay stubs is not a MUST. submit them if you can, I know many people submitted their application without payslips and they have already received their PR

cindy2109

Feb 21, 2019
Thanks for so detailed reply. I contacted with one of my previous employer, and they provided me with their standard form of reference letter, which only includes limited information about my employment. Some people suggested me asking my previous colleague writing a reconmmendation letter to make up. Does it work?

Frank GH

Nov 15, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney - NS
Thanks for so detailed reply. I contacted with one of my previous employer, and they provided me with their standard form of reference letter, which only includes limited information about my employment. Some people suggested me asking my previous colleague writing a recommendation letter to make up. Does it work?
Tell them that you want it for immigration purposes and it's very important to mention the details, in my country you could sue the company for not giving the proper reference letter if that's the case you can do it too.
but anyway if they didn't give it in any way along with the reference letter you may submit your work contract, paystubs, bank statement (showing the transfer of your salary to your account on a monthly basis) and yes you can also submit a letter from your colleagues, preferably your supervisor in that company. Do NOT forget to give the contact information of any person, who gives a recommendation letter (Email, phone number etc.) Other than that you must also write a letter of explanation along with other documents and explain the issue and give the details yourself.

Reactions: cindy2109