+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A (possibly) plausible theory about the number of people in the pool and scores

AndreasChen

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fl_pie said:
Isn't bull***t a bit too strong a word? The sample may be not very representative, but the situation should improve as more people add themselves to the spreadsheet. Moreover, it is much better than nothing. CIC doesn't give any useful statistics at all, and I won't expect it to change, either.
I will just enter 100 bogus entries to teach you why its bull***t

LOL

fl_pie

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
AndreasChen said:
I will just enter 100 bogus entries to teach you why its bull***t

LOL
Please do. I find the mental picture of somebody filling a web form 100 times to <i>prove</i> a point highly amusing.

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
fl_pie said:
Please do. I find the mental picture of somebody filling a web form 100 times to <b>prove</b> a point highly amusing.
Disturbing is more like it. Who has time for that?

Jkal

Jul 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EE
IELTS Request
R9 L8 S7 W6.5
Passport Req..
20-04-2016
AndreasChen said:
It takes only a few minutes to code up a program to do so.
So you are here in this forum to show ur skills?
Dude, the sheet is for helping and is there for a common cause. Of course, no one can stop you from making it b***it.
But not everyone thinks like you to make it up what they say.

fl_pie

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
AndreasChen said:
It takes only a few minutes to code up a program to do so.
You're very good at proving things, though I'm not sure it's exactly what you set out to prove:
1. You hate the idea of people collaborating and being honest with each other, calling the work bs and the people not worthy of respect.
2. You don't trust others, which implies you're someone not to be trusted yourself.
3. You are unable to agree to disagree, you resort to actually making <i>threats</i> to "defend" your position.
4. You're not following up on your threats.
5. You consider other people to be beneath you, unable to counter your threats.
All of these things you proved to me very successfully, in just 3 short posts. But I'm sure you can do even better than that.

beans on toast

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
Med's Done....
Sent With App
LANDED..........
16-08-2016
fl_pie said:
You're very good at proving things, though I'm not sure it's exactly what you set out to prove:
1. You hate the idea of people collaborating and being honest with each other, calling the work bs and the people not worthy of respect.
2. You don't trust others, which implies you're someone not to be trusted yourself.
3. You are unable to agree to disagree, you resort to actually making <i>threats</i> to "defend" your position.
4. You're not following up on your threats.
5. You consider other people to be beneath you, unable to counter your threats.
All of these things you proved to me very successfully, in just 3 short posts. But I'm sure you can do even better than that.

+1

Ivan.Galv

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
I also find it highly unlikely that 30000 or 40000 people would suddenly rush to create an Express Entry profile in the first month. Possible, yes, but unlikely.
Author, you have no arguments for that and it is completely wrong.
After analyzing EE profile IDs it becomes obvious that pool had more than 40k submitted profiles even on the first draw with average increase up to 500-1000 applications every day.

Monija

Star Member
Jan 9, 2015
FSW2014 had 25000 spots available and that number wasn't reached at the end of the year.
CEC had 8000 spots quota filled at the end of October.

Requirements for these programs were not changed, so how it is possible that suddenly there are 40000 or more people who qualify, has all the documents (ielts, ECA etc) ready and want to immigrate?

fl_pie

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
Monija said:
FSW2014 had 25000 spots available and that number wasn't reached at the end of the year.
CEC had 8000 spots quota filled at the end of October.

Requirements for these programs were not changed, so how it is possible that suddenly there are 40000 or more people who qualify, has all the documents (ielts, ECA etc) ready and want to immigrate?
However, FSW 2014 also had NOC-based caps, and some of the NOCs filled up pretty quickly. It's possible that if, for example, the popular programming NOCs weren't capped, the total number reached would have been higher. And I think that some NOCs couldn't qualify for FSW 2014 but are now eligible under EE, and the FST program is now also lumped together in the same pool, as well as CEC. Also, the hypothetical 40k number isn't the number of <i>eligible</i> profiles; a part (potentially a large part) of them may not have the documents ready at the moment but still have a profile. I wish CIC would have finally published some statistics. All we have so far is:
- reasonable, but not proven, assumption that profile IDs represent the number of candidates in the pool;
- a suspicious 3k/10k number from the Star;
- extrapolations from the spreadsheet.
Unfortunately, none of those are definitive.

Michau

Star Member
Feb 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well guys. I told you so.

Here is evidence that many people got added 600 points when they shouldn't have (though it was actually CIC's error, not theirs):
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/express-entry-applicants-who-received-aor-connect-here-t269696.0.html;msg4167867#msg4167867

This validates nicely my theory that the high number of people above 600 points in the first draws was a mistake.

And now the 6th draw is over, and we see a drop from 481 to 453. There are 78 people in the spreadsheet in this point range, whereas the actual number of people drawn was 1637. 78 / 1637 = 4.7%

So this means that the spreadsheet correctly represents about 4-5% of the total pool, similarly to the FSW spreadsheet from the previous year.

Now give me 1-2 hours to build a correct pool statistical model and we will know everything about future draws :p

aspiringme

Star Member
Jan 24, 2015
Dear all,

Kindly guide me how to get the job registration done? I have successfully submitted my Express Entry application. Job Bank Registration filed is showing Pending in my profile details. Please help!

Thanks

Journey2PR

Mar 27, 2015
aspiringme said:
Dear all,

Kindly guide me how to get the job registration done? I have successfully submitted my Express Entry application. Job Bank Registration filed is showing Pending in my profile details. Please help!

Thanks
From the drop down menu .. CHOSE JOB MATCH SERVICE and create a profile there using your EE profile number... only then you EE profile would be active... I did the same mistake and waited for two days to go my account as active.

aspiringme

Star Member
Jan 24, 2015
Journey2PR said:
From the drop down menu .. CHOSE JOB MATCH SERVICE and create a profile there using your EE profile number... only then you EE profile would be active... I did the same mistake and waited for two days to go my account as active.
Hi journey2pr

Please guide me where is the link to the job match service?