+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A positive article

bluepine

Star Member
Jun 4, 2009
I was just sitting at my desk today on a sunday afternoon in my office.Not much to do, so stumbled upon this amazing website with so many articles by fellow new immigrants about their experiences etc. Some are very negative due to the negative experiences by those hurt by the move. Some are positive by those who got what they wanted. I came to a conclusion that this is a mixed bag depending on each individual's experience.

It is like everywhere else . I remember I passed out of engineering in 1995 with 60 other people. Some got instant success i.e good jobs , salary etc. Some like me had to struggle for couple of years to get somewhere. I was working in the biggest hydel power company in india (Jaypee group) as a field engineer in one of their power projects and used to manage at least 200 people at my site. As I mentioned, I had got this job after a struggle and cherished it. I loved my job. I had company accomodation etc. I used to work 12 -14 hours a day but never complained because I used to love my job and my position.

One day my wife got a brochure from some immigration company and convinced me to move to canada. I applied in 1998 and after much wait and frustration I got the visa in 2002. I left my cherished job , family, home and came to canada and landed on apr 30th 2002 just after 9/11.

Initially it was very frustrating and just to sum it up I had constant head ache for 2 months after I landed here.I always regreted my decision and blamed my wife for it who was still in india as my son was a baby and we decided that I would sponsor them after I get a job etc. As everybody else, I struggled same way as in india after my graduation but now I was 8-9 years older and a father and a husband with lot more responsibility on my shoulders. whenever I used to think about my son I used to cry in isolation.

So carrying forward the story , the initial 6 months were a bunch of crap (struggle). Then I got a contract position for canada student loan program (in a different field) i.e collection. my salary was $ 14.10/hr and I was over joyed as it was way more than I was getting in other jobs ranging from 8 -10 /hr. I got permanant in the job and sponsored my wife. Her luck was better than mine. The day she landed our company decided to hire 8 full time people and my wife got her 1st interview without getting her SIN#. Meanwhile I decided to move on and joined an insurance company as a sales/underwriting consultant and after working there for more than 4 yrs I am a claims advisor with canada's 4th largest insurance company and my wife has also completed 4 years in the same company. Our son is in grade 2 now, we bought a house last year and are moving to a bigger one next year and life is I guess better than India.

So my advise to everybody who decides to go for it, just hang on, think positive , don't compere because in india also if you don't belong to premier institutes or have some "sifarish" getting a good job was quite a headache (before India shining)
Power cuts, dust, pollution, govt apathy, riots, terrorism, politics etc adds to your woes there. So whoever has made the decision does not need to regret.

All the best to everybody and God bless.

char_bonel

Aug 18, 2009
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Philippines
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-08-09
Doc's Request.
7-10-09
AOR Received.
28-1-2010
File Transfer...
15-1-2010
Med's Request
3-2-2010
Med's Done....
3-26-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
30-06-2010
LANDED..........
21-07-2010
very inspiring.!!!!!thank you....

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Life is a sacrifice. We must all be positive minded to achieve our God given goals.

Encouraging stuff....

grjoshi

Sep 17, 2009
Its always heart warming and uplifting to here true stories like this and gives us the positive outlook and vision to carry on.
Thanks for writing. Wishing all the best in life.

GeorgeJoseph

Jul 22, 2009
Dear bluepine,

I appreciate your never giveup/ never looking-back attitude. Hats Off for your sacrifice and high goals/ aspirations.

rgds, George

nasim15

Star Member
Aug 15, 2009
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
28 Sep 2009
LANDED..........
10 APR 2010
bluepine said:
I was just sitting at my desk today on a sunday afternoon in my office.Not much to do, so stumbled upon this amazing website with so many articles by fellow new immigrants about their experiences etc. Some are very negative due to the negative experiences by those hurt by the move. Some are positive by those who got what they wanted. I came to a conclusion that this is a mixed bag depending on each individual's experience.
Can you provide the link to the articles of canadian immigrants about their experience?

ja77

Mar 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
nasim15 said:
Can you provide the link to the articles of canadian immigrants about their experience?
http://www.canadiandesi.com/articles.php

bluepine

Star Member
Jun 4, 2009
All these articles on canadadesi.com, some of them really good inspiring and some of them demoralizing , so dont give in, its only a matter how you deal with the situation. One should be optimistic and very much realistic as will, we all b landing or landed in a new country where everything will be very much different right from culture to daily life, so we should not feel that we will get red carpeted wellcome, we are going as a skilled worker so some of us has to start rite from scratch.
Be prepared and hope for the better, if we think good we will get good.
Wish you all a better future in Canada.