+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A petition: CIC: Process Outland Spouse Immigration ApplicationsInLessthan6month

jasmeetpawar

May 6, 2016
Hi All,

CIC timelines to process Outland Spouse Immigration and Inland Spouse Immigration is a pain and unreasonable. CIC, Ministry and Government isn't doing much or atleast anything worth to bring down these timelines. Please meet your individual MPs to highlight this issue and sign the petition below, so people can tell government what People of Canada want from their new government. Canadian families need to be united!

change.org/p/government-of-canada-citizenship-and-immigration-canada-prime-minister-stephen-harper-the-honourable-chris-alexander-cic-process-outland-spouse-immigration-applications-in-less-than-6-months?recruiter=72118112&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink?recruiter=72118112&utm_source=petition_show&utm_medium=copylink

Regards,
Jasmeet

Puffsphere

Apr 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2016
I am very curious, what exactly are you expecting? what kind of time frames?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's worth mentioning that Mr. Harper, and Mr. Alexander are no longer in office. ;)

Might have better luck creating a brand new petition, if you feel so inclined.

jasmeetpawar

May 6, 2016
Puffsphere said:
I am very curious, what exactly are you expecting? what kind of time frames?
6 months to be fair and reasonable and thats something CIC has been following and completing Spouse application processing in the past.

Ponga said:
It's worth mentioning that Mr. Harper, and Mr. Alexander are no longer in office. ;)

Might have better luck creating a brand new petition, if you feel so inclined.
the petition has updated information. It is just the link not showing most up to date information for some reason.

M

mikeymyke

I got my wife PR in 6 months. All I did was submit a very strong application with lots of proofs with minimal red flags. Work to strengthen your application is the best way to shorten proceesing times

jomz

May 3, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2013
AOR Received.
28-11-2013
File Transfer...
04-12-2013
Med's Done....
19-08-2013
Interview........
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-05-2014 inchallah
mikeymyke said:
I got my wife PR in 6 months. All I did was submit a very strong application with lots of proofs with minimal red flags. Work to strengthen your application is the best way to shorten proceesing times
Agree with mikeymike. Same here actually. My husband completed the PR process in 5 months and he is from a non visa exempt country and had an interview! Make it easy for the officer to approve quickly and provide them with proper evidence, correct supporting documents and correctly filled out forms. Each request for additional documents/ correctly filled out forms etc adds 30-60 days to the processing time.

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
I hope you guys are aware that not all VOs complete applications 5-6 months irrespective of how "strong" the applications are. In as much as I don't believe the petition will make any difference, touting your application was processed fast, anytime someone expressed frustration about the the long waiting period, minimizes the suffering of others.
i'm sure everyone would be happy if their VOs process their applications within 6 months.

*Mandie*

jomz

May 3, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2013
AOR Received.
28-11-2013
File Transfer...
04-12-2013
Med's Done....
19-08-2013
Interview........
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-05-2014 inchallah
mandiebraxton said:
I hope you guys are aware that not all VOs complete applications 5-6 months irrespective of how "strong" the applications are. In as much as I don't believe the petition will make any difference, touting your application was processed fast, anytime someone expressed frustration about the the long waiting period, minimizes the suffering of others.
i'm sure everyone would be happy if their VOs process their applications within 6 months.

*Mandie*
The point is that mikeymike went through Singapore office and processing times for that office were 2+ years, I went through Rabat office where average processing was 12 months +, but somehow we got through quickly, and I assure you it wasn't by luck, it was by making sure that the file was complete and there were no gaps or questions that could arise. You really must not have an idea what some of the applications look like when they get to a visa office. Basic questions posted on this forum could possibly clue you in. And think of the 95% of applicants and sponsors that are not on this forum to get informed. If I was to petition anyone it would be CIC to make the instructions in other languages (ie. Punjabi, Arabic, Russian, Persian, Mandarin, Cantonese, Vietnamese, Urdu, Thai, Tagalog, and many others) and the guide more user friendly.

htquach

Feb 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 4, 2016
AOR Received.
March 11, 2016; AOR2: April 1, 2016
File Transfer...
March 22, 2016
Med's Done....
January 10, 2016
Interview........
Queued: August 25, 2016 - Interview: October 18, 2016
Passport Req..
November 22, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
Touchdown... YEG!!! December 26, 2016
Signed petition as I think processing times generally should be reduced so families are reunited.

Submitted as good of an application as possible so my file is processed quickly.

Also sent a message to Minister MacCallum thanking him and CIC for what appears to be quicker processing as the preliminary information is shorter SA processing time.

i support different approaches to reunite families quicker.

Liiaa

Dec 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mandiebraxton said:

*Mandie*
thank you for pointing that out. I was going to say the same. NOT all Vo's process cases in as little as 6 months, no matter how much proof and how genuine your marriage is....

expectin

Dec 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mex
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2015
Doc's Request.
18-03-2016 RPRF
AOR Received.
AOR Dec Second
File Transfer...
Nov-18
Med's Request
Upfront - August 6
Med's Done....
August -6-2015
mandiebraxton said:

*Mandie*
Thank you Mandie, im agree with you, i have seen that Myke myke always that somebody is tryin to do something to help others, he just come out
and talk about his experience, THINK ABOUT OTHERS PLEASE, anyways good luck to everyone.

M

mikeymyke

At the time we submitted her PR application, Singapore VO had the 2nd longest processing time at 30 months. Only Islamabad VO had a longer one at 32 months. Singapore was definitely one of the toughest VOs you could have, and even to this day, is still one of the most difficult visa offices to go through. Not many VOs have a refusal rate in the 25-28% range with a quoted interview wait time of 24 months.

I'm just trying to say that these petitions are meaningless, and people would just have better results putting all their energy into their PR applications rather than this petition. When I saw that Singapore VO had a processing time of 30 months, I was like WOW, REALLY? Instead of getting upset and trying to sign a petition to lower it from 30 months to 6, I just instead focused on building up my wife's PR app, and sure enough, we got her the PR visa in 6 months, and not only that, she got a visitor visa as well.

It's true, not all VOs are the same, but all VOs will give you a relatively quick processing time if you do a good job with the application.

Also I believe this new government already indicated they're going to place a higher priority on spouse sponsorship, whether that's going to happen this year or later is another story.

I know it's a stressful situation to be away from your spouses, but please, this petition is definitely not the right way to go.

htquach

Feb 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 4, 2016
AOR Received.
March 11, 2016; AOR2: April 1, 2016
File Transfer...
March 22, 2016
Med's Done....
January 10, 2016
Interview........
Queued: August 25, 2016 - Interview: October 18, 2016
Passport Req..
November 22, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
Touchdown... YEG!!! December 26, 2016
Jasmeet believes this is one way to bring attention to this issue. Not sure why some on here are poopooing on the idea?

If you agree with the petition, then sign. If not, then don't.

gsize

May 2, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009....denied Feb 2010.....appeal allowed (August 2012)..waiting for processing
Doc's Request.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
30/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013 (second time)
Passport Req..
21/02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18/03/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2014
mikeymyke said:
depends on who gets your file. I know some with strong cases who got through quickly and some who did not. Me ? 5 years....no kids, no ex's just lots of incompetence !