+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A petition: CIC: Process Outland Spouse Immigration ApplicationsInLessthan6month

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
htquach said:
Jasmeet believes this is one way to bring attention to this issue. Not sure why some on here are poopooing on the idea?
Because it doesn't work. There are probably a few dozen threads on this forum with these types of petitions, with pretty much all of them citing incorrect information, including this one. The government doesn't care.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
Note some of the wait is out of CICs hands. Some countries are simply not as cooperative as others when CIC makes an information request (background check). For example, Canada and the USA has tremendous information sharing system set up in place (arguably too much sharing for people with privacy concerns) where they can get information from each other without much trouble. It is not as easy with other countries (bad infrastructure/communication) and for countries where Canada does have a good relationship with.

methyl

Feb 1, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
29-07-2016, Received 02-08-2016. Out of status app.
Doc's Request.
PGR 30-11-2016
Nomination.....
SA Approved 31-08-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1 23-08-2016. AOR2 30-11-2016
File Transfer...
31-08-2016
Med's Done....
28-06-2016
Passport Req..
17-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
06-06-2017
LANDED..........
31-07-2017
keesio said:
Note some of the wait is out of CICs hands. Some countries are simply not as cooperative as others when CIC makes an information request (background check). For example, Canada and the USA has tremendous information sharing system set up in place (arguably too much sharing for people with privacy concerns) where they can get information from each other without much trouble. It is not as easy with other countries (bad infrastructure/communication) and for countries where Canada does have a good relationship with.
If it was only about waiting for information that's one thing but we all know that in reality that is not the biggest issue in CIC's process. It's well known that many applications sit languishing until 'due date' for anyone to even look at them and start doing anything. If CIC issues a request for additional information and that information is not looked at for another 2 months to tell you that they still need something else is that efficient?

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
methyl said:
If it was only about waiting for information that's one thing but we all know that in reality that is not the biggest issue in CIC's process. It's well known that many applications sit languishing until 'due date' for anyone to even look at them and start doing anything. If CIC issues a request for additional information and that information is not looked at for another 2 months to tell you that they still need something else is that efficient?
Some March 2016 applicants are already receiving PPR. It's unbelievable the disparity in the processing times!

*Mandie*

jasmeetpawar

May 6, 2016
mandiebraxton said:
Some March 2016 applicants are already receiving PPR. It's unbelievable the disparity in the processing times!

*Mandie*
That is true. I have many examples of applications submitted just this year getting processed and even application from last year have been processed, at slower rate though. Timelines seem to be diminishing behind closed walls but nothing made public. Timelines listed are still that bad. They are now making things even more bad for people who were in front of queue.

It is totally unfair. I believe application processing times should be reduced but they should respect the queue as well at same time. My wife's application all complete received by CPC Mississauga on Jan 2015, now with home country visa office still pending. Medical expired IN 1 YEAR, requested and provided, it has been 2 months. Because My wife was in Canada for more than 6 months as a visitor, police clearance requested, provided. It has been a month. They just do not look at files for unknown reason. God Knows. Frustrating!

Jasmeet

M

mikeymyke

jasmeetpawar said:
That is true. I have many examples of applications submitted just this year getting processed and even application from last year have been processed, at slower rate though. Timelines seem to be diminishing behind closed walls but nothing made public. Timelines listed are still that bad. They are now making things even more bad for people who were in front of queue.

It is totally unfair. I believe application processing times should be reduced but they should respect the queue as well at same time. My wife's application all complete received by CPC Mississauga on Jan 2015, now with home country visa office still pending. Medical expired IN 1 YEAR, requested and provided, it has been 2 months. Because My wife was in Canada for more than 6 months as a visitor, police clearance requested, provided. It has been a month. They just do not look at files for unknown reason. God Knows. Frustrating!

Jasmeet
Give us your entire timeline, as well as what documents they asked from you, and what you sent, how long it took you to send, status of your wife, apply inland or outland, etc

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
https://www.thestar.com/news/immigration/2015/05/19/immigration-guide-for-detecting-marriage-fraud-called-racist-and-offensive.html

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016
mikeymyke said:
I got my wife PR in 6 months. All I did was submit a very strong application with lots of proofs with minimal red flags. Work to strengthen your application is the best way to shorten proceesing times
doesn't matter how strong an application is if it's sitting in a queue for 8+ months without even being looked at.

Tareq10

May 20, 2016
flx2015 said:
doesn't matter how strong an application is if it's sitting in a queue for 8+ months without even being looked at.
flx2015, I agree with you. But it will be a miracle if ISB or ND VOs would start processing the cases in about 6 months time. I believe that background checks and security clearances consume much time in some cases, even much longer time. As far as the verification of documents like marriage certificates (or divorce in some cases), addresses or family tree, they must have got the facility obtained from government (in every country they are operating) like Nadra in Pakistan, which could verify anyone's database by a click with the national ID.