Med's Done....
23-02-2011
Passport Req..
03-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
23/08/2011
LANDED..........
24/09/2011
Hi, I suffer from anxiety and I am a little worried about going to get my medical.
I am also worried incase they contact me after the medical with bad results.
I had a medical this last march and everything was fine but I just worry.

If I have any medical problems will they contact me?
Or will they just contact me if something is serious?
Or do they tell you on the day.

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
They will contact you if they detect anything serious. The medical is a simple process....they ask your history....take blood and urine....do a chest xray....check your eyesight....and that is about it....

As a spouse, you are not inadmissible for any medical problems, just Canada needs to know if you have any form of contagious disease before you enter Canada, so they can monitor and treat it.

Do not worry too much about it, I am sure everything will be just fine.

Rinnerz

Apr 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2010
AOR Received.
14-12-2010
File Transfer...
09-11-2010
Med's Done....
29-07-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
02-08-2011
My DMP told me that he would only contact me if something came up in my test results that I needed to know about (i.e. something I was unaware of currently that needed to be treated, etc.). He said, "no news is good news" and I never did hear from him afterwards :).

I doubt they would/could tell you anything on the day of the medical, since they do have to wait for the results of your bloodwork, x-ray and urine sample to come back anyway. But try not to worry so much. They're standard tests. You'll be fine.

MandiF

Sep 7, 2010
Alberta Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2010
File Transfer...
19-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-09-2010
Passport Req..
05-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2011
LANDED..........
25-02-2011
I receive negative lab results from my blood tests sent to my house, which was good.

But other than that I just had a few questions, then checked weight, height, breast exam, abdominal exam, reflexes, drew my blood, needed a urine sample and then sent me on my way for x-rays.

nyssa

May 14, 2009
Midwest, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2010
AOR Received.
22-09-10
Med's Done....
09-01-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
06-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2010
LANDED..........
06-01-2011
You should be fine! I couldn't even pass the urine exam (3 days after period, but still contaminated) so my medicals were incomplete and I was still approved. Granted, I'm sure this is an exception, but because the medical exam isn't the IO's top priority when assessing a spousal application (in fact, I'm really not sure why they require us to do it since it has no bearing) it's just not so bad. And worst come worst, they will ask you to re-do it, but it will not be a refusal on your application.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Rinnerz said:
My DMP told me that he would only contact me if something came up in my test results that I needed to know about (i.e. something I was unaware of currently that needed to be treated, etc.). He said, "no news is good news" and I never did hear from him afterwards :).

I doubt they would/could tell you anything on the day of the medical, since they do have to wait for the results of your bloodwork, x-ray and urine sample to come back anyway. But try not to worry so much. They're standard tests. You'll be fine.
He told me the same thing too. He must tell all his patients that. I just agreed with him and went on my way.
I never heard from him so must have been a good thing. Btw are you on FB?

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
angelbrat said:
They will contact you if they detect anything serious. The medical is a simple process....they ask your history....take blood and urine....do a chest xray....check your eyesight....and that is about it....

As a spouse, you are not inadmissible for any medical problems, just Canada needs to know if you have any form of contagious disease before you enter Canada, so they can monitor and treat it.

Do not worry too much about it, I am sure everything will be just fine.
It is erroneous to say that spouses cannot be inadmissable for any medical reason. This has been incorrectly and repeatedly stated on this forum. Spouses cannot be denied based on excessive demand to the health care or social system. This means that you could have a medical condition -- anxiety, heart disease, cancer, etc. etc. -- and you would not be denied because of the cost of treating your condition. You CAN however be denied if you have a condition that would make you a danger to society. So you could be denied if you had a contagious disease like active TB or a psychiatric condition that makes you a danger to society.

Kate, you have nothing to worry about. The fact that you have anxiety will have no impact on your medical. If you have a serious condition, yes, they will let you know. Good luck.

matthewc

Jan 18, 2010
Grimsby, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland (CPC-Vegreville)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
kate, you really have nothing to worry about. Just think of it as an extra check-up.

ariell is quite right that spouses can be denied on medical grounds. It is extremely rare though. Actually even active (contagious) TB wouldn't result in refusal for a sponsorship, just a delay to the application while it was treated and rendered inactive. See OP2 section 5.7:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op02-eng.pdf

"Examples of possible delays:
• Medical delay—the requirement to undergo 6 months of treatment for active tuberculosis;"

To my knowledge, only a psychiatric condition that makes you a danger to society would result in an outright refusal, but like I said it's very very rare. I do recall reading a case that determined "society" includes yourself, so someone who is a real danger to themself could also be refused.

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LC1 application vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
hello! i am quite very enlighteded with what i am reading. i am under live incareiver program and my husband and son is included in PR application. i am a little bit scared because my husband has a type 2 diabetes and taking medications for it and is under controlled, if the request for medical will come, would it be better that my husband obtained a doctor certificate saying that his diabetes is controlled and is under medication before he goes to medical? thansk for your input !

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rosellyalung said:
hello! i am quite very enlighteded with what i am reading. i am under live incareiver program and my husband and son is included in PR application. i am a little bit scared because my husband has a type 2 diabetes and taking medications for it and is under controlled, if the request for medical will come, would it be better that my husband obtained a doctor certificate saying that his diabetes is controlled and is under medication before he goes to medical? thansk for your input !
He does not need a note from his doctor, just take the list of medications to the DMP.

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
ah ok thanks baloo, i am thiniking that the medical certificate will state taht hw is under controlled would that help?

rubyalabar

Sep 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2010
Nomination.....
21-02-2010
AOR Received.
23-06-2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
26-10-2010
Med's Request
23-06-2010
Med's Done....
26-07-2010 (Aug.6 rec'vd by Ottawa)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2011
LANDED..........
04-02-2011
He said, "no news is good news" and I never did hear from him afterwards
maybe this is in their DMP manual because I heard the same thing from the DMP I went to and I'm here in the Philippines. ;D

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
@rubyalabar- so i it will help if my hubby will bring doc cert? i am fr the philippines too! ty!

rubyalabar

Sep 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2010
Nomination.....
21-02-2010
AOR Received.
23-06-2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
26-10-2010
Med's Request
23-06-2010
Med's Done....
26-07-2010 (Aug.6 rec'vd by Ottawa)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2011
LANDED..........
04-02-2011
yes, i would suggest you bring the certificate just to be sure. imagine if it turns out that the DMP wants or needs it and he did not bring, that would be a hassle to go back again just for that especially if he lives far from the DMP's clinic.

rosellyalung said:
@ rubyalabar- so i it will help if my hubby will bring doc cert? i am fr the philippines too! ty!

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rubyalabar said:
yes, i would suggest you bring the certificate just to be sure. imagine if it turns out that the DMP wants or needs it and he did not bring, that would be a hassle to go back again just for that especially if he lives far from the DMP's clinic.
They will not want a certificate to say "under control".

The answers that they want will be in the medical results, from the tests that they tell you to take.
If they see the prescription listing your meds then they will know if you are under control.