+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

.....A little help from a friend

luckyguy

Nov 11, 2008
Good Day to all of you!
Honestly, I am just new on this site and reading all the posts and replies from the users made me decide to post and ask from you guys...(especially to those seasoned ones!),your infos are so helpful...
I am about to get the services of a law firm based in Canada in getting PR in Canada.I submitted an assessment and they said that the assessment is favourable...Though there are some questions in my mind that may somehow complicate my application.My questions are: Right now I am out of status working in California,although my employer put me in a sponsorship to work. I submitted my papaers thru an attorney to obtain labor certificate and up until now the papers are still in process...Will there be any implication of being out of status if in case i apply for PR in canada? and, Will it be possible if I include my family in the application who happens to be in the Philippines?or start the application just for me and apply them later on?

Hope to hear from you guys!..Big Thanks!

Luckyguy

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Being out of status should not be a problem. Many others have been in the same situation and have been fine. It's probably better if you apply for your whole family at the same time as you apply for yourself. However, if you are considering applying as a skilled worker, the rules for it are changing and should be posted soon. After the changes, you may or may not qualify. You can not get in before the rule changes since new applications are already going in under the new rules. The lawyers are not telling you this because they want your money so I say either save your money and apply yourself or wait for the new rules to be posted so you can make sure you still qualify before you pay someone to apply for you.

luckyguy

Nov 11, 2008
Thank you Leon!
I think i will apply for the skilled worker category.you were saying bout applying by ourselves?any links for me to do it?and when are the new rules going to be posted?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
All the info you need is at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/index.asp and nobody knows when the new rules will be posted but should be at least before xmas.

luckyguy

Nov 11, 2008
got your link...Thanks again!
Is live-in caregiver not a skilled work?coz right now Im working as one..will a job offer makes the application easier and then proceed with the application or is it the other way around?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Live in caregiver is not considered skilled work but there is a special immigration program for live in caregivers in Canada. If you don't qualify as a skilled worker, you can do that but that means you would have to be separated from your family for another 2 years. A live in caregiver in Canada has the right to apply for PR for themselves and their family after 2 years of work, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/caregiver/index.asp

luckyguy

Nov 11, 2008
Thank you so much!Again,That leaves me the decision to proceed or not to proceed with my application thru the immigration law firm.
more power!

estong

Oct 27, 2008
love you lucky! just wanna make a smile for a while......
GOODLUCK kababayan.... MORE POWER and hope to see you in CANADA....