+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A letter issued by CIC National Headquarters verifying permanent residence

zamsid

Apr 16, 2011
Hello,

Based on Information below which I got it from CIC.gc.ca website,

I would like to issue "a letter issued by CIC National Headquarters attesting to your permanent resident status."

But I do not know how to do this. whenever I call CIC office, they don't pick up the calls. Will someone help me?

Please see information below, must likely you have seen this information in the past, so it's not new.

Regards,

Do I require a Permanent Resident Card if I’m returning to Canada by car?
No matter how you travel back to Canada, all permanent residents entering Canada must satisfy the border services officer that they have valid permanent resident status. A valid permanent resident card is the best proof of your status.

If you do not present your card when you return to Canada, you may be asked to show one of the following documents:

•a completed Confirmation of Permanent Residence form;
•the original Record of Landing (if it is dated 1973 or later);
•a passport stamped with the date you were granted permanent residence (if your Record of Landing is dated 1972 or earlier);
•a certified true copy of a Record of Landing document issued by CIC National Headquarters; or
•a letter issued by CIC National Headquarters attesting to your permanent resident status.
The border services officer may also need to confirm your permanent resident status by asking you questions and checking our information systems.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Getting that letter is very likely to be "fun".

How do you intend to enter Canada, by land or by commercial carrier?

What is the problem that you have?

zamsid

Apr 16, 2011
I am U.S. Citizen. I want to travel to U.S. and return back to canada. I work in canada. My P.R. Card is under renewal process, I have landed paper, I have passport that has stamp on the first time entry. But I prefer to have that letter that says that my p.r. is in process, and I am resident of Ontario, or what they have it. Going to U.S. its not a problem, but coming back might be a problem. so I prefer to have that letter from CIC headquarter.

I try to call CIC office but same old automated message.. I dont know I can issue this letter.

I want to travel in my car,

Thanks,