+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A Foreign Worker needs help

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,

I have lmia based job offer for welder work and I'm planning to apply for work permit.

My concern is, I have 2 2-year work experience gap in the welding field. In the years 2022 and 2023 I worked as an Electrician technician. However, from the year 2019- to 2021 I worked as a welder.

Does the above experience gap create any problems in getting work permit approval?

Thanks
It should not create an issue. Do you need Red Seal to work as a welder in province you are working in?

wrkprmt

Feb 18, 2024
It should not create an issue. Do you need Red Seal to work as a welder in province you are working in?

Thanks! It's not regulated trade in that province.

While applying for PR, they look for 1 year of experience in the last 5 years. But I'm not sure if it's the same when we apply for a work permit.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks! It's not regulated trade in that province.

While applying for PR, they look for 1 year of experience in the last 5 years. But I'm not sure if it's the same when we apply for a work permit.
Work permit is not the same for PR. As long as you have experience with letters and education, you may be okay.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Here is another question please,is she eligible to apply for a visiting visa while still in Nigeria ? knowing she has an existing work visa she is yet to use.
The only way she should be travelling to Canada is if she is able to get a TRV. She should not travel on a WP if her job is not guaranteed to start and close to the start date. Given the multiple delays there is a good chance that this job offer may never materialize into a real job. I would suggest she consider other options. If she comes to Canada on a WP and it is discovered that a job is not scheduled to start for many months and the employer has not confirmed that she should come to Canada and the start date then she could be denied entry to Canada or it could cause many more issues because it will appear that she was attempting to enter Canada without being honest that the job and start date have not been confirmed by the employer. She also needs to be able to sow that she has the funds to support her visit if she attempt to come to Canada as a visitor. She may have a family willing to support her in Canada but that is not how the system works. Hopefully her family can help her from a distance if necessary. It the travel agency has her passport she should be able to get that returned immediately but other than her personal documentation she can not expect anything else to be returned.

Reactions: Shmiler