+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

a foreign student needs help

docare

Nov 4, 2005
Toronto
Hello,
I am an international student who applied Immigration to Canada as a skilled worker in last Novemeber.
Yesterday I just got the letter from Canadian Immigration office saying they refused my application, because my one year full time working experience can't satisfy them.
I was graduated from York University and found a full time job as a bookkeeper in a company after one month of the graduation. I applied and received one-year work permit. So I started my work in March 2003. After ten months, the company was shutting down, and I got two weeks notice from the company to find another job. I was lucky and found anothe job right
away. But at that time, I didn't know that I should apply another work permit for this new job and I worked for another three months till my work permit got expired.
Now the immigration officer doesn't recoganize my last three months' working experience because I didn't renew my work permit. But the thing is I did worked and there is no break period during this full year. I paid tax and filed my tax return. I got T4 from the companies I worked for. I feel so unfair. They refuse my application only for the thing I didn't know at that time. I got tears in my eyes now, but I know it is useless.......
What should I do? Can I write a letter to the immigration officer to explain? Can I reapply? Can I do something to make up my mistake for the past? Can I find a lawyer to appeal for me?
What can I do? Please help!

citzen03

Jan 19, 2006
Toronthole
Hi,

I know how you feel. i had a friend with the same case as you. My suggestion is find an immigration lawyer. tears wont solve your problem. you must find professional help ASAP.

goodluck

citzen03

==========================================

docare said:
Hello,
I am an international student who applied Immigration to Canada as a skilled worker in last Novemeber.
Yesterday I just got the letter from Canadian Immigration office saying they refused my application, because my one year full time working experience can't satisfy them.
I was graduated from York University and found a full time job as a bookkeeper in a company after one month of the graduation. I applied and received one-year work permit. So I started my work in March 2003. After ten months, the company was shutting down, and I got two weeks notice from the company to find another job. I was lucky and found anothe job right
away. But at that time, I didn't know that I should apply another work permit for this new job and I worked for another three months till my work permit got expired.
Now the immigration officer doesn't recoganize my last three months' working experience because I didn't renew my work permit. But the thing is I did worked and there is no break period during this full year. I paid tax and filed my tax return. I got T4 from the companies I worked for. I feel so unfair. They refuse my application only for the thing I didn't know at that time. I got tears in my eyes now, but I know it is useless.......
What should I do? Can I write a letter to the immigration officer to explain? Can I reapply? Can I do something to make up my mistake for the past? Can I find a lawyer to appeal for me?
What can I do? Please help!