AOR Received.
12-11-2015
Med's Done....
10-11-2015
Passport Req..
14-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2016
Hi everyone! I have a few urgent questions about landing.

1. Do we need to carry the PR card application pre-printed from our home country itself?? I read something like this in one of the step by step instructions somewhere on this forum. But I'm confused. I thought they will give us the PR card applicaion. Or do we need to pre-print and carry it?

2. Also, is it important to give a more permanent address for the PR card application than the initial accommodation which I have only for a month? Can we give any address? Like relative's or friend's...

3. Are there official government forms for goods accompanying (baggage inventory) and goods to follow (cargo inventory)? And do we also need to carry these pre-printed from our home country? I only have lists as Word docs. Is that not enough?

4. I have Passport (w/ visa), COPR (2 pages), Proof of Funds docs, some passport size photos and goods inventory lists printed as Word docs. Do we need anything else for landing??

5. Do we really need to print photos of all jewellery we are bringing??? I read this somewhere on the forum but I cannot find any official instructions regarding this.

Please clarify, guys. Thanks a lot!

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
1. No need for forms for first-time PR cards, it is generated automatically when you make your landing. Maybe you read an old process.

2. Relative's or friend's address is fine.

3. You can use Word docs, those are enough.

4. That's fine.

5. I wasn't asked for photos when I mentioned jewelry in my list, but it was requested for a few people, although it was no problem that they didn't have the photos.

Musikwala

Sep 14, 2014
Johannesburg, SA
Visa Office......
Pretoria, SA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2015
Nomination.....
06-10-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2015
Med's Done....
10-11-2015
Passport Req..
14-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2016
Thank you so much, Bellaluna! You really put my mind at ease. Really appreciate you taking the time to reply. How are you doing? Are you in Toronto or elsewhere? :)

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
If you do not have photos for jewelry and aren't wearing it all either, then its a good idea to at least have the number of items, approx weight and value listed in a document, ideally an estimation receipt from a jeweler.

SecularFirst

Nov 21, 2015
fkl said:
If you do not have photos for jewelry and aren't wearing it all either, then its a good idea to at least have the number of items, approx weight and value listed in a document, ideally an estimation receipt from a jeweler.
Can I give my work place address for PR card delivery? I would most likely be found at my work place during regular business hours. Also I am renting and all my mail usually come to me at my workplace address.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
SecularFirst said:
Can I give my work place address for PR card delivery? I would most likely be found at my work place during regular business hours. Also I am renting and all my mail usually come to me at my workplace address.
I think so though i dont know for sure. I doubt that they try to evaluate if the address is commercial or not. All they care about is a valid Canadian address where mail can be delivered.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SecularFirst said:
You need to provide a residential address.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Musikwala said:
Thank you so much, Bellaluna! You really put my mind at ease. Really appreciate you taking the time to reply. How are you doing? Are you in Toronto or elsewhere? :)
Yes I'm in the GTA. :) Good luck on your well deserved and long awaited landing!

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
istari said:
You need to provide a residential address.
What makes you say that? I haven't found it written any where ever. And a CBSA officer cannot determine by street address and postal code whether its commercial or home address. Nor have i heard if any one was specifically asked for RESIDENTIAL address.

The official statement only says

"We will only send PR cards to addresses within Canada. There is another process for permanent residents outside Canada without a PR card."
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/pr-card/apply-how.asp

I am curious if there is anything that i missed.

Update:
Okay i also found this under the section "After you apply"

If you have filled out your application properly and meet all the requirements, we will mail your card to you. We will only mail PR cards to residential addresses in Canada.

In some cases, we may ask you to pick up your card at a local office. If so, bring your passport and the original documents you sent when you applied. If you do not pick up your card within 180 days, the card will be destroyed and you will have to re-apply.

We will contact you if there are problems with your application.

But again, the way its written, if they can ask you to come and collect it from a local office, they might very well send it to a commercial address. The emphasis as it appears to me is on Canadian address. Lastly, the way CBSA asks you to fill the address, i have doubts it could distinguish a residential vs commercial address

SecularFirst

Nov 21, 2015
Sometimes i lose mail if its not delivered to me directly as I am renting. So I updated my address and now all my letters as well as government mail like CRA and provincial services mail comes to me at my workplace address. Even the services forms ask for residential as well as mailing address separately if present. My workplace address a street address not a mailbox address. I dont want to get my PR card lost so I think its better to give my workplace address.

Musikwala

Sep 14, 2014
Johannesburg, SA
Visa Office......
Pretoria, SA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2015
Nomination.....
06-10-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2015
Med's Done....
10-11-2015
Passport Req..
14-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2016
bellaluna said:
Yes I'm in the GTA. :) Good luck on your well deserved and long awaited landing!
Thank you very much! What's your industry/line? Maybe we can connect through LinkedIn? I'm in manufacturing.

$iv@

Nov 17, 2015
Musikwala said:
Thank you very much! What's your industry/line? Maybe we can connect through LinkedIn? I'm in manufacturing.
Hi Seniors, Please respnd to my query in below.

Hi,

I have received Visa stamping on last week, i got COPR through Onatrio- OINP.
When i started to search for job before landing, got some positive response from Quebec.

So i have few doubts regarding moving to another province after landing in Toronto and staying for a weel.

If i am a PNP nomine does this mean i cannot live/work to other provinces? Let say I'm a OINP nomine failed to find a job before landing and decided to moved in Quebec after getting a job there,. Then here comes applying a citizenship DOES this affect my application?Huh

Can someone thru some light on this...

Thanks

Musikwala

Sep 14, 2014
Johannesburg, SA
Visa Office......
Pretoria, SA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2015
Nomination.....
06-10-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2015
Med's Done....
10-11-2015
Passport Req..
14-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2016
$iv@ said:

Hi,

When i started to search for job before landing, got some positive response from Quebec.

So i have few doubts regarding moving to another province after landing in Toronto and staying for a weel.

If i am a PNP nomine does this mean i cannot live/work to other provinces? Let say I'm a OINP nomine failed to find a job before landing and decided to moved in Quebec after getting a job there,. Then here comes applying a citizenship DOES this affect my application?Huh

Thanks
Hi. As far as I know, we have a moral obligation (not legal obligation, they cannot force us to stay) to stay in the province that nominated us for at least the first 2 years. But then again, I have never read this anywhere on any official document or on cic website. I only know this from people on this forum mentioning it.

As for whether it will affect future applications like that for citizenship, my fear is the same but I am not sure. I'll let someone else guide you on this.

Musikwala

Sep 14, 2014
Johannesburg, SA
Visa Office......
Pretoria, SA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2015
Nomination.....
06-10-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2015
Med's Done....
10-11-2015
Passport Req..
14-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2016
fkl said:
Okay, thanks for your tip. I think I'll just carry photos. Seems easier than going to a jeweller to get stuff estimated etc.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
$iv@ said:

Hi,

Thanks
There is no legal obligation first of all.

Even if this comes up at citizenship time (unlikely), you can very well make a case that this changed after your original application and processing phase.

At worst, you should keep some evidence of initial attempts to settle in your nominating province. An initial proof of stay, attempts at finding work (i.e. some proof that you applied to jobs and even did interviews), health card / DL etc. all establish ties to current province and a person only gets all of this if he intends to live in that province.

After that people get jobs and move across provinces all over Canada all the time, so there shouldn't be any concern around this.

However, keep any of these plans to yourself at the time of landing. Its a different story if your plans have changed and you haven't landed as a PR yet.