+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A few questions

akamme2

Mar 4, 2012
I posted a similar thread over in the temporary work permit, but I just wanted to receive as much insight as I can. I'm a 25 year old who has his bachelor's degree in marketing with two years experience or so in the job market in the United States.

Does anyone have any ideas as to the best option for me to go about moving to Canada? Whether it's the temporary work permit or under NAFTA or...? I'd just love some advice. I heard this is suppose to be a much more relaxed process if you're from the US, I'm not entirely sure how true that is, but.. I'd greatly appreciate anyone's insight.

Thanks so much for your help.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can find the NAFTA occupations here: http://www.canadavisa.com/nafta-temporary-work-permit-canada.html If your occupation is on there and you get a job offer from a Canadian employer, it is pretty straight forward to go to the border and collect your work permit.

However, if you do not fall under NAFTA, it is much harder. The employer who'd want to hire you would have to apply for a labour market opinion, proving that they are offering market wage, have advertised but are still unable to find a Canadian or PR for the job.

akamme2

Mar 4, 2012
Wow, that's a huge let down, lol. Apparently this marketing degree isn't as valuable as I thought it'd be in this process.