+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A few questions before we submit

epmarshall

Oct 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

My common law partner (Canadian citizen) and I (US citizen) are almost ready to submit our application! We appreciate all the help you guys have given us and have a few more questions we hope to get some clarification on.

1. Do we put the barcodes on top of the entire package? Or do we keep the barcodes on top of each individual form and leave them where they are within the package?

2. I'm confused about 4. Class of application on the checklist. We are applying outland and want to choose the right one and I know outland is best for US applicants, but the wording is a little confusing to me. With the recent package updates, is it still okay for us to do outland even though I'm in Canada? I know that's a commonly answered question here, but want to make sure it's right with the updates. Here are the 3 options to choose from:

-I am currently living in Canada, and I am applying under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada class.
-I am currently living outside Canada, and I am applying under the Family Class.
-I am currently living in Canada, and I am applying under the Family Class (not under the Spouse or Common-Law partner in Canada class). I understand that I may be convoked to attend an interview at a visa office outside Canada.

3. If we organize our documents and forms in sponsor and applicant envelopes, then where does the shared form (IMM 5532) go? Do we just leave it loose within the mailing box?

4. We already got the FBI check done and the medical done for me before the package updated. It says that we can send in the medical if we've done one in the past 12 months, so we're still sending that in. But the checklist says to send in the FBI check (along with IMM 5669 background declaration) when they request it, not upfront. If we already have it, though, is it okay to include it now like with the medical?

Sorry for multiple questions in one post! I am very thankful for this forum and we would greatly appreciate any help.

TracyCa64

Aug 28, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2, 2015
Doc's Request.
Form IMM5409 requested Feb 20, 2016
AOR Received.
Nov 25, 2015
File Transfer...
SA- Dec 10, 2015 ** DM- March 14, 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Sept 9, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Rec'd March 18, 2016
LANDED..........
April 16, 2016
Hi Emily!!
Wow!! I haven"t been on the forum in soo long.
Here are some answers to help you.
1) The barcode pages go on the very top of each package. By package I mean, "Principal Applicant" package & "Sponsors Package". It's Barcode page first, then the checklist and all the forms and docs after that.

2) I listed below the one you should choose. You are living in Canada, but you don't want to apply under the "In Canada Class". I hope this makes sense.

CHOOSE THIS ONE⬇
-I am currently living in Canada, and I am applying under the Family Class (not under the Spouse or Common-Law partner in Canada class). I understand that I may be convoked to attend an interview at a visa office outside Canada.
I remember reading that if you apply "Outland" there is always a chance of having an interview outside of Canada if they request it. This choice seems to make the most sense.

3) I would put form IMM5532 in with the Sponsors package because it has Sponsorship info. I know it's confusing because you both complete the form together. Of course it's only a guess, but it's where I would put it.

4) If it were me, I would include the FBI. You could put a note stating that you already had it done before the updated info. If for whatever reason they want you to send another one, they will request it. It can't hurt to send it since you have it.

I am soo excited for you & TJ. Let me know when you send it out. I can't wait!! Soo happy to be taking this journey with you.

If anyone on the board has better answers, please let us know.

Smiles!!
Tracy

FrostiRose

Star Member
Jan 20, 2017
Gothenburg, Sweden
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
16-01-2017
Doc's Request.
20-02-2017
AOR Received.
11-02-2017
Med's Request
16-02-2017
Med's Done....
28-02-2017
Passport Req..
01-02-2018
Yes, those generated bar codes.
I would also recommend sending everything in one envelope, sorted as they appear in the document checklist that you also need to include.

TracyCa64

Aug 28, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2, 2015
Doc's Request.
Form IMM5409 requested Feb 20, 2016
AOR Received.
Nov 25, 2015
File Transfer...
SA- Dec 10, 2015 ** DM- March 14, 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Sept 9, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Rec'd March 18, 2016
LANDED..........
April 16, 2016
FrostiRose said:
I would also recommend sending everything in one envelope, sorted as they appear in the document checklist that you also need to include.
I guess everyone does it different and some things have changed since I did mine, but I had three envelopes and shipped everything together in one box.

epmarshall

Oct 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TracyCa64 said:
Hi Emily!!
Wow!! I haven"t been on the forum in soo long.
Here are some answers to help you.
1) The barcode pages go on the very top of each package. By package I mean, "Principal Applicant" package & "Sponsors Package". It's Barcode page first, then the checklist and all the forms and docs after that.

2) I listed below the one you should choose. You are living in Canada, but you don't want to apply under the "In Canada Class". I hope this makes sense.

CHOOSE THIS ONE⬇
I remember reading that if you apply "Outland" there is always a chance of having an interview outside of Canada if they request it. This choice seems to make the most sense.

3) I would put form IMM5532 in with the Sponsors package because it has Sponsorship info. I know it's confusing because you both complete the form together. Of course it's only a guess, but it's where I would put it.

4) If it were me, I would include the FBI. You could put a note stating that you already had it done before the updated info. If for whatever reason they want you to send another one, they will request it. It can't hurt to send it since you have it.

I am soo excited for you & TJ. Let me know when you send it out. I can't wait!! Soo happy to be taking this journey with you.

If anyone on the board has better answers, please let us know.

Smiles!!
Tracy
That helps, Tracy, thank you so much for your detailed response. We appreciate everything you have done for us during this process. :D

epmarshall

Oct 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FrostiRose said:
Thanks, FrostiRose. Unfortunately, with all that we have, it's not really possible to fit it all into one. Even if we tried to just put the checklist documents, we have things that are good proof but don't really fit on the checklist as much or they aren't for the full 12 months time but are still helpful to include.
We did try and put the most important documents first and be organized as we could with everything.

I appreciate your input, thanks again!