+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A Few Questions about Original Passport Request

yerik17

Apr 19, 2015
Hi everybody, thank you all so much for your information and encouragement during I applied for a study permit. Today I received the original passport request. A few questions:
1. Does the “original passport request” mean an approval of a student visa?
2. In the CIC portal, I didn’t find a POE letter. Does the POE letter come with the returning passport?
3. I applied online on 4 April. However, my passport was stamped with a Schengen Visa a few days after that, i.e. 15 April. So the new Schengen Visa could not appear in my application files submitted on 4 April. Does it influence my Canadian Visa stamping? Maybe I am kind of overthinking… :-X
Appreciate your patient and valuable answers!! ;D

newcandidate

Star Member
Mar 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes request for passport means approval. You will receive the POE letter once they receive your passport and finalise yr approval. i don't think yr Schegen visa will be a problem. I also got a Singapore visa after submitting my paper application and before submitting my passport.

Good Luck

yerik17

Apr 19, 2015
newcandidate said:
Yes request for passport means approval. You will receive the POE letter once they receive your passport and finalise yr approval. i don't think yr Schegen visa will be a problem. I also got a Singapore visa after submitting my paper application and before submitting my passport.

Good Luck
Great!! Your words make me feel assured ;D Similar to your case, I thought the Schegen visa will not be a problem.

Many thanks!! ;D