+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A few questions about Express Entry job offers

heniko

Nov 25, 2015
Hello everyone,

So as I stated in the previous thread we were assessed for Canadian immigration and found "eligible". So my questions are now:

If we apply for this Express Entry if we get either a job offer or provinical nomination does that we will get the visa or just that it means we have greater chance for it?

If we don't get offered a job or provinical nomination is there chance (pretty good chance) to be offered the visa?

I've lived/worked in the USA and the GCC, in both areas the chances for employment were highly based on you actually living there. Fewer to little chance securing employment from abroad. I'm wondering if this is the case also in Canada or is the job market more open to foreign appliants?

Thank you!

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
heniko said:
Hello everyone,

So as I stated in the previous thread we were assessed for Canadian immigration and found "eligible". So my questions are now:

If we apply for this Express Entry if we get either a job offer or provinical nomination does that we will get the visa or just that it means we have greater chance for it?

If we don't get offered a job or provinical nomination is there chance (pretty good chance) to be offered the visa?

I've lived/worked in the USA and the GCC, in both areas the chances for employment were highly based on you actually living there. Fewer to little chance securing employment from abroad. I'm wondering if this is the case also in Canada or is the job market more open to foreign appliants?

Thank you!
If you receive a job offer supported by lmia, you get additional 600 points. Same goes for nomination from a province.

Subsquently, you will be selected in a draw and receive an ITA. After you submit all documents and pay the fees, it can take anywhere upto 6 months for an officer to review your application and grant you a PR.

Regarding you last query, yes the chances of getting job offer are higher when you are physically present in canada.

heniko

Nov 25, 2015
StAnger said:
If you receive a job offer supported by lmia, you get additional 600 points. Same goes for nomination from a province.

Subsquently, you will be selected in a draw and receive an ITA. After you submit all documents and pay the fees, it can take anywhere upto 6 months for an officer to review your application and grant you a PR.

Regarding you last query, yes the chances of getting job offer are higher when you are physically present in canada.
Yes, it is as I thought.(about the getting a job offer) So if we don't get a job offer, we have around 500-600points is this suffice to be offered a ITA? I'm just wondering of the chances ... since job offers well from foreign appliants are low and the provincial nominations as I'm reading on the board are also selected by a narrow field of professions in very few provinces.

Thank you and good luck!

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
heniko said:
Yes, it is as I thought.(about the getting a job offer) So if we don't get a job offer, we have around 500-600points is this suffice to be offered a ITA? I'm just wondering of the chances ... since job offers well from foreign appliants are low and the provincial nominations as I'm reading on the board are also selected by a narrow field of professions in very few provinces.

Thank you and good luck!
The minimum score to receive ITA was around 450s and last draw the cut off was 489. So if you have score anywhere on that higher side, you can expect an ITA soon.