+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A few question about CEC (thanks for your help in advance!)

windofsun

Aug 31, 2009
Hello, I have read the CEC policy in detail. I understand the graduate applicant has to have one year full time work experience (37.5 hr/wk or 1950 hr/yr). However, if my work hr is only 35 hr/wk (company standard), then can I use approx. 13 months' work to achieve the total 1950 hr in order to be qualified? I noticed someone has brought this before but without a clear answer. I called CIC call centre and the agent seemed reluctant to give a clear answer either. I am confused because the official website makes it sound like I can accumulate the total hours within over 1 year <http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/faq/immigrate/cec/cec-faq07.asp>.

If it's risky to apply under my current circumstance, I will have to find another part time job to make up the rest hours.

Also, my last two questions are: (1) does CEC have any salary requirement for the job falling into a qualified NOC? (2) does it matter if the work experience is gained from a permanent or contract (again the CIC agent blurred and didn't give me a clear answer)?

Thanks for anyone if you could shed some light on this!!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
hi windofsun,

I sympathize with not being able to get answers from CIC, and for some reason, this forum isn't very active. Guess there aren't so many of us.

I agree it's confusing - in one place it sounds like you MUST get the required number of hours within one year (or two), and in the FAQs it sounds like you can make up the hours through extra time.

I have not seen anything regarding salary requirements being in line with a standard range for the NOC, at least not for CEC. Nor does the permanent/contract distinction seem to matter in this class (unlike the FSW class), it is not asked anywhere in the application.

If it were me, I'd say, go ahead and apply with the 13 months. FAQs are FAQs. It seems there just aren't that many people who have done it before who can advise us.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1950 hours equals 1 year for CEC - EVEN IF IT TAKES YOU LONGER TO GET THEM.

NOC salary rate doesn't matter for CEC. You don't have to have a job here to qualify under this program so the pay range is not going to matter as much as the duties performed to match the NOC code.