+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A few general questions about Express Entry

aman.alam

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
Bangalore
Hi Community Members,

I am new here and am applying to the Express Entry; Currently getting my transcripts from my university.

I had a few general questions/confusions and it would be great if I could get help from you all here:
  • Can only I apply with my educational assessment and IELTS score and my wife can tag along with me, without submitting any of these two?
  • When in the whole process do I have to show the funds in account?
  • When do I have to pay the fee, right at the time of making the profile, or when I am confirmed to be joining the pool, or is it when it is confirmed that I am qualified for an invite?
  • How and when do I know that my visa is approved (to start looking for jobs)
  • And from that that, is the visa valid for a landing in under 12 months or lesser?
That's all for now, thanks so very much! :)

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Community Members,

I am new here and am applying to the Express Entry; Currently getting my transcripts from my university.

I had a few general questions/confusions and it would be great if I could get help from you all here:
  • Can only I apply with my educational assessment and IELTS score and my wife can tag along with me, without submitting any of these two?
  • When do I have to pay the fee, right at the time of making the profile, or when I am confirmed to be joining the pool, or is it when it is confirmed that I am qualified for an invite?
  • And from that that, is the visa valid for a landing in under 12 months or lesser?
That's all for now, thanks so very much! :)
1 - Yes.
2 - When submitting your e-APR (electronic application).
3 - Same as above but you can pay the RPRF afterwards when requested during the processing of your application.
4 - When you receive your PPR (passport request).
5 - Usually you are given until your medicals expire or until your passport expiry date, whichever of the two is earlier. Medicals are valid for a year.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi Community Members,

Yes, but note that you will get more points for your CRS if your wife does submit these.
When you submit your eAPR (electronic Application for Permanent Residence) and when you land ...
When you submit your eAPR.
When your passport(s) are requested.
When you are approved, you receive a document called the Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) that you must present when you enter Canada for landing. The COPR has an expiry date on it, usually 1 year from the date of your medical exam.

If you are from a visa-exempt country, you do not need or receive a visa. If you are not, you get a visa that enables you to travel by air to Canada. The visa is only a travel document, it is not your PR card. You will receive a PR card after you land.

Reactions: aman.alam

aman.alam

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
Bangalore
Thanks so much!
This is very helpful :)

EDIT : Once I create my profile, is it valid only for one round of selection, along with it's score? (CRS)
or is it valid for full 60 days and thus it will be eligible for all the draws until it expires?

If my scores don't add up, can I create a new profile after 60 days, with the same details, in hopes of striking gold in some of the future draws?

Regards,
Aman

Last edited:

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Thanks so much!
This is very helpful :)

EDIT : Once I create my profile, is it valid only for one round of selection, along with it's score? (CRS)
or is it valid for full 60 days and thus it will be eligible for all the draws until it expires?

If my scores don't add up, can I create a new profile after 60 days, with the same details, in hopes of striking gold in some of the future draws?

Regards,
Aman
your profile is valid for a year. you have 60 days to fill it and enter the pool

aman.alam

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
Bangalore
Thanks, but can I participate in the draw more than once, through the same profile and same CRS score?

I see that there are two draws in a month.
If, let's say, my score is below the threshold for the first draw, can the same score be considered in the subsequent draws?

If yes, then how long can this happen for, 60 days, or a year?

Regards,
Aman

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Thanks, but can I participate in the draw more than once, through the same profile and same CRS score?

I see that there are two draws in a month.
If, let's say, my score is below the threshold for the first draw, can the same score be considered in the subsequent draws?

If yes, then how long can this happen for, 60 days, or a year?

Regards,
Aman
again, your EE profile is valid for a year. no matter how many draws.