+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A few days short

karenps

Jul 30, 2012
Hello all,
I applied for PR renewal for my parents. I did the math over and over again and figured out that they were out of Canada for 1092 days in past 5 years, meaning they meet the residency requirement. However, their file was transferred to CIC office in Toronto and I assume it's because I may have made a mistake. Based on my calculations, it's 1092 days but maybe it's a bit more based on theirs (I have no idea how that could be but that's all I can think of as the reason for transfer for our file).

If the days were 1098, for example, instead of 1095, do they consider that to be a serious issue? Anyone have a similar experience?

Thanks so much for. Your help.

Karen

owlowl2005

Star Member
Feb 18, 2012
Sydney, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2011
Doc's Request.
All sent with application
AOR Received.
28-09-2011
IELTS Request
Submitted together with application (8.5 Band)
File Transfer...
17-10-2011
Med's Request
12-07-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
karenps said:
Hello all,
I applied for PR renewal for my parents. I did the math over and over again and figured out that they were out of Canada for 1092 days in past 5 years, meaning they meet the residency requirement. However, their file was transferred to CIC office in Toronto and I assume it's because I may have made a mistake. Based on my calculations, it's 1092 days but maybe it's a bit more based on theirs (I have no idea how that could be but that's all I can think of as the reason for transfer for our file).

If the days were 1098, for example, instead of 1095, do they consider that to be a serious issue? Anyone have a similar experience?

Thanks so much for. Your help.

Karen
If your parent currently reside in Canada, you might want to wait until they have fulfil the number of days before renewal.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They may just have sent it to local office because they were close to the limit and they wanted to test that they really were outside for only 1092 days. Next time, if you are close to the limit, just wait a bit longer to apply. Getting an RQ is a hassle and it really increases the processing time.

karenps

Jul 30, 2012
Thanks so much, Leon! I applied because I figured they meet the minimum requirement and even waited a ferw extra days (3 weeks) after their PR ststus expired. They became PR on July 7 but card expires on July 23.

It's a waiting game now, I guess. Super stressful, though. But it's such a straightforward case. I sent them all their passport pages for past 10 years as they requested showing when they entered and left. They are older and retired. Anyway, hoping for the best.

Thanks so much for your help.

Karen