25-06-14
Interview........
Not Requested
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt: PR pictures requested 24-08-15
VISA ISSUED...
Recieved COPR 21-09-2015
Hello,

I am sponsoring my American Husband. We applied outland, he however is staying with me on a visitor pass. We applied for sponsorship November 2014. In February 2015 I was approved as a sponsor. In my approval letter it says that based on his location his application was sent to Case Processing Center Ottawa. On the On-Line services for our application under his "Permanent Residence" It has "Decision Made" When I click on it here is what is says:
1. We received ****'s application for permanent residence on November, 24, 2014.
2. We started processing ****'s application on June 9, 2015.
3. Medical results have been received.
4. A decision has been made on ****'s application. The office will contact **** concerning this decision.

I looked on other posts and read that we should be receiving something in the mail regarding this? We haven't gotten an email or anything in the mail yet. I called the Call Center today and the lady pretty much told me that this "decision has been made" doesn't really mean anything, that It could be a status update in his medical results and that it could take up to 26 months to complete the package. I'm not to sure if she was accurate after all of the forums I have read. If that's true why would the status under "Permanent Residence" say Decision Made? So that is why I am asking here for people who may know a little more through experience and can give me a slightly better answer than the lady at the call center who pretty much brushed off my question and didn't offer to help any further.

Thanks for reading!

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Damn, the call centers suck. It means you are likely getting your COPR in the mail any time now.

Majromax

Nov 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-10-21
AOR Received.
2015-01-11 [Inland AOR rec'd 2014-11-19, corrected]
File Transfer...
2015-01-20 [CSQ applied Feb 9, issued Feb 19]
Passport Req..
[IP: 2015-06-10; DM: 2015-06-30]
VISA ISSUED...
2015-07-20
LANDED..........
2015-07-27
Aquakitty said:
Damn, the call centers suck.
I think that Mississauga agents only have training for inland applications, which is why they keep quoting the 26-month figure.

JJMoshpotatoes said:
4. A decision has been made on ****'s application. The office will contact **** concerning this decision.
This line means that CPC-Ottawa has assessed your partner's application and given a final decision. Since you have not received any requests for documents or otherwise had evidence that the application would have "red flags," this almost certainly means that the application is approved. Since Americans are visa-exempt, this is usually the end of the process and a confirmation of permanent residence (required to land as an immigrant) will be in the mail shortly. It will be mailed to the applicant's address on file.

JJMoshpotatoes

May 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2014
AOR Received.
13-11-2014
File Transfer...
17-02-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
25-06-14
Interview........
Not Requested
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Recieved COPR 21-09-2015
Perfect! After all of the reading and searching ( Hours ) of forums I thought the lady wasn't accurate in what she was telling me. I knew asking here I would get better answers. I will just keep waiting for it to arrive in the mail. Another quick question I have if anyone can answer is when/if we do get the approval since he is already here with me in Canada, when it comes to Landing does he have to drive back in the US or can he go to the border and "Land" without having to cross over to the US and drive back in to canada? I live on Vancouver Island so that means we would have to drive to Victoria, BC and take the ferry across to Port Angeles, then back to Victoria by ferry.

Ontariobat

Star Member
Jul 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2014
Passport Req..
[In Process: 03-07-2015 ; Decision Made: 14-07-2015 ; CoPR received 20-07-2015]
LANDED..........
28-07-2015! :) Lewiston, NY
JJMoshpotatoes said:
Perfect! After all of the reading and searching ( Hours ) of forums I thought the lady wasn't accurate in what she was telling me. I knew asking here I would get better answers. I will just keep waiting for it to arrive in the mail. Another quick question I have if anyone can answer is when/if we do get the approval since he is already here with me in Canada, when it comes to Landing does he have to drive back in the US or can he go to the border and "Land" without having to cross over to the US and drive back in to canada? I live on Vancouver Island so that means we would have to drive to Victoria, BC and take the ferry across to Port Angeles, then back to Victoria by ferry.
When you get your CoPR in the mail it has two options for outland and one for inland I believe. As an outland applicant already living in Canada you can call and book an appointment with an immigration office within Canada or you can land by crossing the border and returning (I hear it can be around a month or more for an in-Canada appointment). I will be "flagpoling" at Niagara Falls where you can just get to the border and basically walk through a gate that functions as a U-turn where you get your paperwork signed and whatnot. I'm not sure about the border out West but I imagine these forums should have something similar in the "flagpoling" category.

EDIT: It looks like people have had to do the ferry business to flagpole in Victoria as you mentioned. http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/index.php?action=search2

JJMoshpotatoes

May 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2014
AOR Received.
13-11-2014
File Transfer...
17-02-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
25-06-14
Interview........
Not Requested
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Recieved COPR 21-09-2015
Ontariobat said:
EDIT: It looks like people have had to do the ferry business to flagpole in Victoria as you mentioned. http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/index.php?action=search2
Thank you for all of the info! When I click the link nothing shows up?

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Ontariobat said:
When you get your CoPR in the mail it has two options for outland and one for inland I believe. As an outland applicant already living in Canada you can call and book an appointment with an immigration office within Canada or you can land by crossing the border and returning (I hear it can be around a month or more for an in-Canada appointment). I will be "flagpoling" at Niagara Falls where you can just get to the border and basically walk through a gate that functions as a U-turn where you get your paperwork signed and whatnot. I'm not sure about the border out West but I imagine these forums should have something similar in the "flagpoling" category.

Yes you can apply for an appointment inland as long as your husband is in-status still (aka here legally as a visitor or with a visa). I've heard of waits up to 2 months to a few days, I guess it just depends on the immigration office closest to you. It is worth checking appointment times if the "flagpoling" is an inconvenience.

Ontariobat

Star Member
Jul 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2014
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
JJMoshpotatoes said:
Thank you for all of the info! When I click the link nothing shows up?
Sorry, to get the same thing just use the search bar for 'flagpoling victoria' and you'll find a bunch of people in different threads describe their landing.

JJMoshpotatoes

May 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2014
AOR Received.
13-11-2014
File Transfer...
17-02-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
25-06-14
Interview........
Not Requested
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Recieved COPR 21-09-2015
Hi everyone, It's been a couple weeks since I posted this... I checked the mail today, still nothing? Is this normal? When I check application status is still says decision has been made and that they will contact regarding the decision.

Ontariobat

Star Member
Jul 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2014
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
It seems to vary widely with regards to when you get the CoPR in the mail. In theory if you get a decent agent at the call centre they should be able to tell you if/when it was sent out. I've talked to someone off the forums that knows they've been approved but they've been waiting something like 6 weeks for the CoPR, which seems pretty ridiculous.

lilianboard

Jun 30, 2015
Vancouver Island
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/06/2014
AOR Received.
18/09/14
Med's Done....
03/04/2014
VISA ISSUED...
13/07/15
LANDED..........
28/08/15
JJMoshpotatoes, my COPR took two and a half weeks to arrive in post from London to Essex. I too am on Vancouver Island, hello! 8)

JJMoshpotatoes

May 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2014
AOR Received.
13-11-2014
File Transfer...
17-02-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
25-06-14
Interview........
Not Requested
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Recieved COPR 21-09-2015
I believe its been almost a month since it was updated to a decision has been made. Our COPR should be shipped to my address here on Vancouver island. We put my address as his since he was residing with me. I guess we just have to keep checking the mail. I just wanted to make sure something wasn't wrong! I could try the call center, but as I said before.. the lady blew me off so I am kind of unsure if I want to try that again. When we sent in the spousal package I think it took almost 3 weeks to get to Ontario! So it could just be slow. But It sucks when they say a decision has been made and we are left hanging and impatiently checking the mail so our almost 1.5 year wait is over (He's been residing with me since April 2014) ;D

@lilianboard What A small world! Haha, Hello to you as well :)

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
JJMoshpotatoes said:
I believe its been almost a month since it was updated to a decision has been made. Our COPR should be shipped to my address here on Vancouver island.
Email the VO and ask if the COPR has been mailed out, as you haven't yet received it.

If you cannot get an appointment at an inland office to land, your partner will have to make the ferry trip. My partner also had to do this.

JJMoshpotatoes

May 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2014
AOR Received.
13-11-2014
File Transfer...
17-02-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
25-06-14
Interview........
Not Requested
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Recieved COPR 21-09-2015
I emailed the Visa Office in Ottawa. I got an automated response saying it could take up to 20 days for them to get back to me :eek: Well we will see if they can give me an answer back. It would be nice if they could comminicate a little better with people so we aren't left wondering what the heck is going on haha.

@canuck_in_uk: yes I know we will have to "flagpole" The nearest office to me is in Vancouver, so suprisingly it's cheaper to just cross in to port angeles and would probably take less time than to wait for an appointment.

@MariaSt I couldn't give you an exact answer on that because I am in the same boat as you!