Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
@zardoz do you have any idea about this?
Your case is not closed until you land as a PR. There would be a minimum amount of work that needs to be done but IRCC timing is variable at best... Nobody can realistically give you a guarantee of the time required. Assume a month or two perhaps, after they receive the divorce information?

aarunb88

Nov 22, 2017
Your case is not closed until you land as a PR. There would be a minimum amount of work that needs to be done but IRCC timing is variable at best... Nobody can realistically give you a guarantee of the time required. Assume a month or two perhaps, after they receive the divorce information?
Alright! Thank you!!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Once i do that, How long will it take to get a new ppr and copr?
It generally only takes a few weeks to reissue the docs . If you aren't planning to land until mid-2019, you have plenty of time to do it.

7Aida7

Jun 25, 2019
He doesn't even need to divorce her. He just needs to inform IRCC that the marriage is over and they have separated and she will be removed from the application.

If she travels to Canada to land after that, she will be refused and returned to her country.

Being issued a visa/COPR is not like having PR.
Assuming they have kids who are on the same application and this divorce occurs before landing, will the principal applicant still be able to land with the kids without the divorced partner?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Assuming they have kids who are on the same application and this divorce occurs before landing, will the principal applicant still be able to land with the kids without the divorced partner?
Yes, they are not affected.

Amansethi86

Star Member
Jan 31, 2021
Hi,

I am on the same boat. If I would initiate the filing of divorce but the court decision will be pending for next 6 months. How do I proceed to land. As I need to send the final court decision to IRCC or when I initiated. Please confirm. Being covid restrictions, she is already not allowed to travel. I have an exception for extended family members. Can I take kids (1 year) along with me if my spouse consent can be taken without approval

Amansethi86

Star Member
Jan 31, 2021
Please advice..it's urgent..myself ,spouse and wife has got copr and stamped visa.. due to some disputes, we are filing a mutual consent divorce next week.As required,court decree will be received after 6 months. My visa will expire next month. Can I travel and inform cic via webform before travel and also at border after landing.As webform reply takes time from cic.

please guide.