+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A couple of questions for csq application!

Sleep

Aug 1, 2019
Hello all!

I'm going to apply for my CSQ in the coming days under the temporary foreign worker PEQ stream, I have been in Quebec on an IEC visa. I essentially have all the necessary documents in place but have been reading a lot and had a couple of things I wanted to clear up that seemed a little vague, was wondering if any of the experts around here may be able to shed some light on the following...

I've held two jobs in my time here. The second of which has been full time for 12 months, and the basis on which I'm applying for my CSQ; no problem there. However, to my reading the form implies I have to mention any full time employment undertaken since I have been here/ provide the letter from my employer to corroborate this. I had previously worked in a restaurant for some months which while changing each week had been initially generally 30+ hours every week (and thus full time) very quickly became less than that, ultimately for the majority of the time I worked there, and the latter portion, part time.

Do I need to declare this? It would be much easier if not, as the business ultimately closed and thus getting a piece of official paper corroborating any of my work from the chef will be an uphill battle to say the least. But, at the same time I don't want to play fast and loose with any of the immigration process, if I need to find a way, that's what I must do.

Secondly I see I must have access to a certain amount of money, Just under $3200. I have access to this money, but it would involved transferring some from an account I hold in my home country. Not a huge problem, but before I do so. When/how is this proven/asked for?! Unless my reading of the application form is wrong it's not requested on there, so I feel like I'm missing something?

Thirdly, all going to plan I am going to extend my temporary work permit based on my csq after it expires in a few months time ( I understand it will become a closed job specfied work permit at that point but I plan to stay in my current job until PR.) However at what point am I best to do this, I would like to visit my home country once before I end up locked inside canada on an implied permit after my IEC permit expires. If I move to implied status, will this supercede the IEC even if there was time left on it? Can I go home and turn up again at the border a short time before the iec expires if I already have an implied status ready to connect afterwards. I'm just a bit unsure on how it actually works at the business end of things.

Thanks in advance and best of luck to all, I realise that was a bit of a long post!