+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A complete way to nail 'Source of fund' dilemma!

gpsingh12

Star Member
Sep 1, 2016
Hello Folks,

I submitted my application today along with all the required proofs. However, I missed to upload the gift deed along with POF and my statement does show sudden jump in my account balance, which was transferred to my account from my Father's account.

Can someone help me here, is there a way to upload the gift deed now or I just have to wait for response from IRCC.
Someone please suggest :(

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
Hello Folks,

I submitted my application today along with all the required proofs. However, I missed to upload the gift deed along with POF and my statement does show sudden jump in my account balance, which was transferred to my account from my Father's account.

Can someone help me here, is there a way to upload the gift deed now or I just have to wait for response from IRCC.
Someone please suggest :(
You can upload using this form. Hopefully will get added to your application soon enough.
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

aleekhan1

Star Member
Apr 28, 2017
Hello all
I received NOI from ON... But i dont have last 6 months bank stataement. But i have cash in hand in the form of prizr bonds which is more than the lico requirement.

Anyone pls help how can i show cash as proof of funds having no bank statement

And is it necessary to show proof of funds while submitting application to oinp or it is requirement at later stages

What is the way out for me please help

Anyone pls help on this matter

moonarch

Oct 31, 2015
First of all, I want to let the members know that this is a great place to get all the information about Immigration to Canada. I was eager to make this thread as and when I got PPR which confirmed that whatever I did my 'Source of funds' request was right. There is a lot of confusion around this part of the application. Most of the candidates are sure about remaining part of their application but we all get confused whenever money gets involved, since we all are not well-versed with the laws, etc. So for the benefit of new applicants or someone you got this kind of request, I would like to contribute by providing some clarity!

This is my timeline:

10/04 FSW ITA (CRS:473, India)
24/04 AOR
19/05 Med Passed
22/05 ECAS App Received
24/05 BG Not Started
19/06 ECAS In Process
04/08 Travel History Request
20/08 Source of Fund Request
08/09 BG In Progress
10/09 ECAS Decision Made
14/09 PPR

My case was as common to most of us ie, Not enough money in the account few days back to application submission and then a sudden transfer of funds in the bank account and that account is shown as 'Proof of funds'. As you can see I got a 'Source of funds' request on August 20, 2015. I submitted following documents for the same:

1) An e-stamped affidavit (Article 4 Affidavit) citing my Father as Deponent about that big transaction via Cheque XXX dated XXX drawn on Bank XXX. Letter had my father's signature. This costed me Rs. 10.
2) An e-stamped Gift deed (Article 33 Gift) showing my father as Donor, me as a Donee. Also stating that these funds were out of his past savings, mentioning his PAN number and that he doesn't expect the money in return. Letter had me and my father's signature. This costed me Rs. 100.
3) Net-worth certificates of me, my father and my mother as on August 22, 2015, for the reason that my family hasn't exhausted all their savings to support me and that they can survive easily. This Net-worth certificate should be issued by a reputed Chartered Accountant on his letter-head. This costed me Rs. 500. CAs might demand more, but don't pay them more, choose another CA.
4) My Bank statement till August 22, 2015 showing the funds being untouched and only a large number of credits happening with very few debits.
5) I detailed LOE with all the transactions and explanation.

That means a maximum cost of Rs. 1000. You don't need to pay hefty amount and take the help of any consultancy for solving 'Source of funds' puzzle. Just include everything specific beforehand at the time of Application submission, so that they don't ask for Additional documents later (as they did in my case).

In a nut-shell here are what I suggest you submit at the time of AOR, to answer the questions of a sudden large transaction:
1) Gift Deed (Article 33 Gift)
2) An Affidavit (Article 4 Affidavit)
3) Net-worth certificates of your whole family from CA
4) Bank Statements showing all the transactions involved (Yes, include your father's bank account statement as well)

Note: No Notarization is necessary, since, you would be scanning and uploading original documents. Don't spend money on the lawyers roaming around in district courts for this.

I hope this would have helped. All the best to all the members here for their Canadian dream. I hope the best for all of you.
Dear Anuj
I need your help regarding POF,
1st,,,,i ve as it is followed your instructions regarding POF as gift deed..my wife is principal applicant and seh has got fund from his father..i will arrange gift deed affidavit and wealth statement of donor, but wat would i mention in wealth statement as my father in law lives in rural area and has some agriculture land and a house..as his assets but for his running income he has a book store whihc is not tax registered...so how can i arrange is running source of income in wealth statement??

2nd,,,my sister has just passed few days back and left 4 under 18 years old girls my Nieces.,what if i want to adopt them and how can i show them in my application right away as i ve got ITA..and my brother is in canada who will arrange fund deficiti for them to show POF, but wat would be process to show this POF for them?? bcz i ve already mentioned POF for three person me , my wife and my baby 1hihc is around 18825..i ve already planned gift deed from father in law then how could i mention this fund in application if my brother sends it to me for my nieces??is thier any possible way to get my nieces with me to canada?? i am from pakistan

joaojr123

Apr 27, 2017
Hello guys,

I have received a NOI from Ontario last week, and I got myself into a dilemma.

First of all, I´m still about 4k CAD short for funds, but I´ve talked to my wife´s father and he´ll probably provide us the money. In this case, I´ll make the usual gift deed (notarized) + transaction slip (proof of transfer) + certified translations. I´ve found a few gift deed in the brazilian law format, herein called donation deed, and I´ll use it, since it basically has the same content but in portuguese.

The real dilemma is regarding another jump in my wife´s account this april, because we sold one of our cars to her aunt. The thing is, we got this car from another relative, and the car´s document is still in the name of the leasing bank, albeit cleared. Only last week she found the transfer document, and we´ll only start the clearing process next week. The entire process of transfers (clearance from leasing to her realtive, then transfer to my wife, then signing transfer document to her aunt) may probable take the rest of the month, best case scenario. Because the signature of the transfer document´s date won´t match the payment day, I thought about making a sale contract stating this particular case (giving her use rights of the car and a deadline to clear the transfer to her name). My worry about that is it won´t be practical, and another worry is that OINP´s PNP quota might be depleted if I take too long, thus I´ll have wasted money with unecessary translations I´d only use for this stream (pay slips, work contracts from my work history).

The other quicker solution would be another notarized gift deed from her aunt (since they´re very close) + transaction slip (proof of transfer) + certified translations, but then I ask if it having about 75% of settlement funds amassed from two separate gift deeds could raise any flags. One thing I can do in my LOE is to explain about our wedding - it´s a real situation - in which we´re still to celebrate our religious wedding, despite the fact we had already celebrated the civil marriage (to get the marriage certificate). I could attach proof of the event, such as marriage invitation card, Facebook event page, and gift shop page.

Thoughts?

Also, in either case, should they also write down an affidavit (in this case, I can also notarize it), despite basically repeating almost the entirety of the gift deed´s contents?

Thanks in advance!

baovydo

Jun 26, 2017
Thanks for the reply Vishalg. The transaction was in cash so I didn't have cheque or receipt of money transferred from the buyer into my account. I only took cash and then deposited them in my account. Will it be okay?

mytimet

Star Member
Feb 26, 2017
Here in my country we have a informal partner where we give a specific person our money weekly. Then at the end of the week someone gets a draw (the accumulated money from all the person's involes). I've gotten my draw and deposited that into my account. Can an affidavit from the organizer suffice this ? What else would I need to include in the LOE for this to work

parul_grewal

Jul 9, 2017
Hi,
I have a below query Regarding POF.

I have a joint account with my mother in law and husband. It is an old account with sufficient money that is required for POF and it does not have any sudden jumps i mean money is quite steady since 2 years. Is there any way this account could be used as POF with an affadifit from my mother in law stating she has no objection if we use it. And it is an either or survivour acc

parul_grewal

Jul 9, 2017
Hi,
I have a below query Regarding POF.

I have a joint account with my mother in law and husband. It is an old account with sufficient money that is required for POF and it does not have any sudden jumps i mean money is quite steady since 2 years. Is there any way this account could be used as POF with an affadifit from my mother in law stating she has no objection if we use it. And it is an either or survivour account means any of us 3 can withdraw the money.

Pleae advise on this. Any help will be highly appreciated.

nadirakazi

Star Member
Apr 14, 2017
for those who have prepared gift deed and had a sudden large amount transferred to your account, how did you wait before asking for bank letter and submitting application? I just completed the transfers, should I wait few days or ask about the bank statement/letter right away?

luckyx27

Star Member
Apr 11, 2017
Hi everyone, please help
Actually I am working in UAE and I sent all my money to my brother account over the last four years and now he will transfer that money to my personal account. Will this gift deed be ok for POF or do I need anything else?

I, brother name, S/o R/o Moh, do hereby on dated _ make a repayment of ___________, Rs. ______/ to my brother, -----, S/o ---, R/o ---. I hereby, confirm that my brother, ----- had sent this money to my account over the past 4 years. I confirm that I am a Pakistani resident.

I, further confirm that this transfer is being made out of my own A/c No. in (mention the Bank name & address). I, further confirm that the consideration for this transfer is the repayment for my brother, Imran Riasat and no other consideration.

I, further confirm that the transfer has been made by Cheque No ___________ dated _______ drawn on _____ (mention the Bank name & address). This transfer amount is irrevocable and I have no claim left whatsoever on the said amount and he is free to utilize it in any manner.

PLACE:
DATED: _______________________
(Donor name)

Witness:
The gift as stated above is accepted

(Name of receiver)

skap27

Star Member
Apr 21, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What all bank documents should be uploded as pdf if you have taken Gift deed?
Should we add the details of Gift deed from Parents in LOE ?

Shivanker

Feb 19, 2017
Sri Lanka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Seniors,

I am about to submit my PR application tonight. however, I have a small issue. My current POF amounts to 1,582,000 Sri Lankan Rupees, which amounts to almost 13,000 CAD. The requirement is 12,300 CAD.

However, the CAD to LKR rate has been increasing quite rapidly during the past 4-6 weeks. 1 CAD was 115 LKR a month back and now its 121 LKR. and the maximum that it can go in order for me to be in the safe zone is 129 LKR. which I think would in a couple of months.

The only way I can increase my fund is to get another gift from my mother, which would push my application date further by 2 or 3 days. what do you suggest ?

skybluepearl

Aug 5, 2017
Guys I am in a dilemma and need advise. The money in my current and savings account are far above the minimum requirement for a family of 5, and have been maintained stably above the six months timeline. However, I took an investment loan from my bank last year, which results in about 20% monthly deduction from my expendable salary. From CIC guideline, I am supposed to declare this liability through a bank letter. My question is how will this declaration impact my application?

Mkranthi

Apr 30, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
15/08/2017
Hello everyone,
I am in the process of gathering documentation to submit my application for PR.
In the process, I got a question.

1. My father sent me amount required for my funds and also made a gift deed with 2 witnesses in India. I am living in USA. I received money through wire transfer.

My question here is, do I need to sign before notary person and get the gift deed notarized as I am signing in USA but not in India where the gift deed was made or is it ok for me to sign and upload the gift deed ?

My father notarized the gift deed in India and sent it to me, so do I need to notarize again when i am signing ?

2. I am gathering bank letters and bank statements for my proof of funds. In this process I got a question. Currently I have joint account with my spouse. He is also accompanying me to Canada. All my paychecks, bonus and gift amount is received in this joint account.

Do I need to no objection letter from my spouse to use the funds for Canada immigration purpose as it is joint account or will that be fine to submit statements and letter with both of our names?

Please advise me on this. thank you for your time and effort.