+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A complete way to nail 'Source of fund' dilemma!

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
What if it's less than what I quoted but higher than the minimum
They are concerned with the minimum funds. If you're above the required funds there won't be any issue.
But if you know this before submission of application, my suggestion would be to change the amount in your EE as per your account balance

Reactions: Shivanker

Shivanker

Feb 19, 2017
Sri Lanka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They are concerned with the minimum funds. If you're above the required funds there won't be any issue.
But if you know this before submission of application, my suggestion would be to change the amount in your EE as per your account balance
Thanks. should I mention this in the LOE? basically, I stated that ill be bringing 12,400 CAD. However, based on the exchange rate now I might exactly have 12,400CAD in Sri Lankan Rupees. So to be on the safe side I just want to mention that ill be bring only about 12,350 or something so that ill have extra even if the rate rises.
so do I have to mention this on the LOE or can I just simply change it to 12,350 CAD as opposed to 12,400 CAD which I mentioned earlier.

thanks in advance

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
Thanks. should I mention this in the LOE? basically, I stated that ill be bringing 12,400 CAD. However, based on the exchange rate now I might exactly have 12,400CAD in Sri Lankan Rupees. So to be on the safe side I just want to mention that ill be bring only about 12,350 or something so that ill have extra even if the rate rises.
so do I have to mention this on the LOE or can I just simply change it to 12,350 CAD as opposed to 12,400 CAD which I mentioned earlier.

thanks in advance
You can change the amount and CIC will not be bothered about the amount as long as it is above LICO. Keeping little extra above minimum requirements is advisable to cover exchange rate fluctuations.
No need for LOE.

nadirakazi

Star Member
Apr 14, 2017
Thanks a lot Vishalg, I think I will stick to gift deed. Two small inquiry though,
i) my father was going to put the cash money in my account..i don't know if there would be any problem with that or should he put the money in his account and then write a check to me which I will affidavit later?
ii) regarding RPRF, CIC told submitting now will speed up the process. we want to do our medical exam later. if we submit RPRF now, do we have to submit medical or pcc with it or these three do not have any correlation between them?

Reactions: Srinivas nagaraj

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
Thanks a lot Vishalg, I think I will stick to gift deed. Two small inquiry though,
i) my father was going to put the cash money in my account..i don't know if there would be any problem with that or should he put the money in his account and then write a check to me which I will affidavit later?
Avoid cash, it is difficult to prove ownership and the trail of funds.
ii) regarding RPRF, CIC told submitting now will speed up the process. we want to do our medical exam later. if we submit RPRF now, do we have to submit medical or pcc with it or these three do not have any correlation between them?Medicals and PCC are mandatory documents to be submitted along with your application. RPRF is a fee where applicants are given an option to pay it later or along with the application.

Reactions: nadirakazi

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
What about if I got bank letter stating I have for example 16k canadian dollars ( requirement for 2 people is around 15200), and that amount is readily available, but it mentioned also a very old credit card loan from few years ago, with payment deducted monthly at around 100 dollars. Is that a problem?

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
What about if I got bank letter stating I have for example 16k canadian dollars ( requirement for 2 people is around 15200), and that amount is readily available, but it mentioned also a very old credit card loan from few years ago, with payment deducted monthly at around 100 dollars. Is that a problem?
No problem .

Shivanker

Feb 19, 2017
Sri Lanka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have few USD notes amounting to about 150 USD. This was obviously not banked. I'm hoping to open a USD account and bank it which I'll be also using as a part of the pof. Since it's a small amount do I have to show the source? How should I go about it

girishjs111

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
Mumbai
Visa Office......
Mumbai
I exhausted most of my savings for my masters. I will be taking money from my father as a Gift for Proof of Funds. Will low balance during other months and a sudden CAD 12300 balance in the current month cause a problem if I am uploading a gift deed stating the 12300 is a gift from my father?

nadirakazi

Star Member
Apr 14, 2017
while filling up application I came across the following in my child's family section,

"We need to know some information about Mukto Muqtadir's family. Tell us about his/her family.

Please tell us about Mukto Muqtadir's immediate family members that have not been identified in the application.

This includes any parent, any spouse or common-law partner, any child including adult children, and any brothers or sisters. If the relative is deceased, provide the date of death"

just to be sure we do not need to provide our(parents') information here, right?

Master7

Jan 31, 2012
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-06-2019
IELTS Request
TEF: C1/ B2 IELTS: Band 8
Med's Done....
24-06-2019
Hey guys,

I already have my evaluation from WES. When uploading will I need to upload only the evaluation or will I need to upload diplomas and transcripts as well?

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
I have few USD notes amounting to about 150 USD. This was obviously not banked. I'm hoping to open a USD account and bank it which I'll be also using as a part of the pof. Since it's a small amount do I have to show the source? How should I go about it
If you're in India, you cannot open it. Not sure about other countries. Why don't you keep that amount with you and utilise it when you move to Canada

Shivanker

Feb 19, 2017
Sri Lanka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you're in India, you cannot open it. Not sure about other countries. Why don't you keep that amount with you and utilise it when you move to Canada
Yes true. I just realized that I cannot open it. I'm not in India btw.
further, whats the maximum value of cash inflow that you do not need to show the source? for example I have about 20,000 unbanked Sri Lankan Rupees (Aprox 160 CAD) which I want to put in a FD . and I'm planning to include this also for my POF. do I have to show the source for this also?