+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A combination of two different jobs where education background supports only one job

Mr. Rocky

Nov 23, 2017
My wife has 6 months (Part time) of work experience as Financial Assistant from May-Oct 2017. She has been working continuously as an Interpreter since December 2015-present. As an interpreter, she worked as an independent contractor since Dec 2015-May 2017, and as a full-time employee from August 2016-present. Can we combine these work experiences and make one-year continuous work experience? Her education is on Business Studies which does not support her work history as an interpreter.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm confused, you are saying she's been working full-time since August 2016 which would already give her the continuous work experience requirement under the FSW program.

Mr. Rocky

Nov 23, 2017
I'm confused, you are saying she's been working full-time since August 2016 which would already give her the continuous work experience requirement under the FSW program.
Thank you for your response, I am sorry for not giving full information earlier. According to NOC requirements, a person is qualified to work as Interpreter in Canada only if she has 1. five years interpreting experience or 2. educational qualification in one source language+two years of work experience. My wife doesn't have the education that supports for Interpreter experience. She has education that supports her work experience as financial assistant, but it is not a yearlong work experience. I was wondering if she can still apply as a financial assistant, but add the interpreter experience to make it a yearlong experience. Thank you for your response.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for your response, I am sorry for not giving full information earlier. According to NOC requirements, a person is qualified to work as Interpreter in Canada only if she has 1. five years interpreting experience or 2. educational qualification in one source language+two years of work experience. My wife doesn't have the education that supports for Interpreter experience. She has education that supports her work experience as financial assistant, but it is not a yearlong work experience. I was wondering if she can still apply as a financial assistant, but add the interpreter experience to make it a yearlong experience. Thank you for your response.
I'm going to make an assumption that she is a FSW applicant.

1 - She cannot use a combination of NOC's to meet the eligibility criteria of a year of continuous work experience.
2 - Regarding employment requirements http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/econ/fsw/minimum.asp