+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

a Canadian in England plans to move back to Canada with wife and kids.......

rids

Jan 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2012
AOR Received.
28-06-2012
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Hello,

I have a few questions regarding the processes involved in eventually taking my family back to Canada to live. I have spent much time on the relevant citizenship and immigration websites and am struggling to find answers to all of my questions.

My situation is as follows:

I was born in Canada and am therefore a Canadian Citizen. My mother & father live in Canada and are Canadian Citizens. They both are originally from England and I therefore have a British Passport (Dual Citizenship). I have been living and working in the United Kingdom for 15 years. I married my Irish wife in 2007. We have a 2 year old daughter who was born in England and a 2 month old son who was also born in England.

I understand that my daughter & son are considered Canadian Citizens due to the fact that I am a Canadian Citizen. I would like to get Canadian Passports for them. Do I first need to apply for Proof of Citizenship for them then use that proof to apply for Canadian Passports for them?

If this process is correct then I understand that my children would be sorted getting into Canada with their passports. All that I would then have to do is sponsor my wife in the Family Class, Spouse Catagory?

Thanks for reading this post and if you feel there is any information that may help me in getting my head round the process for my family to move/return to Canada please reply.

Thanks.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

rids said:
Hello,

I have a few questions regarding the processes involved in eventually taking my family back to Canada to live. I have spent much time on the relevant citizenship and immigration websites and am struggling to find answers to all of my questions.

My situation is as follows:

I was born in Canada and am therefore a Canadian Citizen. My mother & father live in Canada and are Canadian Citizens. They both are originally from England and I therefore have a British Passport (Dual Citizenship). I have been living and working in the United Kingdom for 15 years. I married my Irish wife in 2007. We have a 2 year old daughter who was born in England and a 2 month old son who was also born in England.

I understand that my daughter & son are considered Canadian Citizens due to the fact that I am a Canadian Citizen. I would like to get Canadian Passports for them. Do I first need to apply for Proof of Citizenship for them then use that proof to apply for Canadian Passports for them?

If this process is correct then I understand that my children would be sorted getting into Canada with their passports. All that I would then have to do is sponsor my wife in the Family Class, Spouse Catagory?

Thanks for reading this post and if you feel there is any information that may help me in getting my head round the process for my family to move/return to Canada please reply.

Thanks.
1. First you apply for proof of citizenship for the children. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/proof.asp As you have applied (as it takes so long) you apply for a limited validity Canadian passport for them as they are under 2 to CHC London.
2. You apply to sponsor your spouse while living abroad. The package is here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp You complete the sponsorship and application and send it to Mississauga. If approved, your spouse's application will be sent to London for processing. Note you have to include a statement as to your plans for re-establishing yourself in Canada, school,living accommodation etc.

rids

Jan 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2012
AOR Received.
28-06-2012
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Thanks for the info.

Also, once my wife has been granted permanent residence, how long do we have to get into Canada before the offer of permanent residency expires?

Thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The PR visa is usually valid for a year after the date of her medicals but she does not have to move to Canada before the visa expires if you are not ready. She just needs to go to Canada and land as a PR, then she can come back.