+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

__Please, some advice needed!!__

Nartus

Star Member
Oct 11, 2016
Guys, do you think that it worth to enter to the pool if I'm 33 (kind of old and getting older fast) :(, with bachelor degree (5 years) and 1 year graduate certificate (both of them from my home country) and just with 3 years of foreign work experience?

With a CLB 7 I don't have any chances (Probably like 309 points total) and keeping in mind how the last draws are going I think even a CLB9 won't do any real difference in my profile (Probably like 402 points total).

Should I just stop now and avoid be disappointed? I never felt so old until I start counting points for express entry.

A consultant suggested to me that I should go to Canada to study a 2 year diploma (a technician program, and study with teenagers! nice! :-X) and once I finish the diploma apply for a 3 year PGWP and after one year of working in Canada go for CEC,....... but after thinking this carefully I realized that by the time I get the 1 year of canadian experience (assuming I start to work right after graduation) I will turn in like 36 years old!!!! if I'm lucky I would get just 65 points for age. So basically I'm loosing points every year getting me very far from a ITA.

What do you guys think? :(

moonpat83

Star Member
Sep 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Why not apply for a PNP program, that's 600 points right there if you are approved! I am 33 and I received an ITA at 455 points. Age is just a number my friend.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nartus said:
Guys, do you think that it worth to enter to the pool if I'm 33 (kind of old and getting older fast) :(, with bachelor degree (5 years) and 1 year graduate certificate (both of them from my home country) and just with 3 years of foreign work experience?

With a CLB 7 I don't have any chances (Probably like 309 points total) and keeping in mind how the last draws are going I think even a CLB9 won't do any real difference in my profile (Probably like 402 points total).

Should I just stop now and avoid be disappointed? I never felt so old until I start counting points for express entry.

A consultant suggested to me that I should go to Canada to study a 2 year diploma (a technician program, and study with teenagers! nice! :-X) and once I finish the diploma apply for a 3 year PGWP and after one year of working in Canada go for CEC,....... but after thinking this carefully I realized that by the time I get the 1 year of canadian experience (assuming I start to work right after graduation) I will turn in like 36 years old!!!! if I'm lucky I would get just 65 points for age. So basically I'm loosing points every year getting me very far from a ITA.

Check for provincial programs - where you could fit it (just because some of them are closed at the moment does not mean, that they will not reopen soon, you just need to check regulary). Alternatively you can get job offer if potential employer will manage to get LMIA for you.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
My boyfriend has a profile at 33. He has 426 points :)

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kryt0n said:
My boyfriend has a profile at 33. He has 426 points :)
Which means the same 0 chance to be nominated when seeing the ITA nomination scores so far. Both of you have to go through provincial nomination or LMIA in order to get ITA. So I fail to see the real difference there.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Well, cheers for that.

I'm aware of our situation. I'm aware we need an lmia or pnp: we have been applying for whatever we can.

He's asking if he should bother. In theory he has until 45 to immigrate and as long as he is in the pool and applying for jobs etc he has some chance. I was trying to be positive.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Nartus said:
A consultant suggested to me that I should go to Canada to study a 2 year diploma (a technician program, and study with teenagers! nice! :-X)
It happens often. Nothing to be ashamed about.

Hansdza

Mar 7, 2013
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You need to ask yourself first. Why do you want to do that (immigrating to Canada)? For what reasons?

Your lawyer is right, go to college, get PGWP, get Canadian Exp, apply PR either through EE or PNP. In many cases this works either way. This is what many people are doing... And yes, it is very feasible. Don't worry too much about your age in this regard.

But again, the real question is why do you want to do that? rebuilding your life from scratch. Ask people who have done so if it is really worth it. If it is what they really want. Ask again and again..

Nartus

Star Member
Oct 11, 2016
moonpat83 said:
Why not apply for a PNP program, that's 600 points right there if you are approved! I am 33 and I received an ITA at 455 points. Age is just a number my friend.
moonpat83 thanks for your answer. Yes it's what I was thinking. I will check for some PNP's that does not require a job offer. I have some experience in NOC 2171 but I have a different role now but I think my current employer could help me with a reference for NOC 2171.

vensak said:
Check for provincial programs - where you could fit it (just because some of them are closed at the moment does not mean, that they will not reopen soon, you just need to check regulary). Alternatively you can get job offer if potential employer will manage to get LMIA for you.
vensak thanks for your answer. LMIA could be almost impossible to get but PNP sounds pretty good to me. I got one question about PNP,by the time a PNP is reopen you have to be ready on the province's PNP web page to send your profile quickly? so they process FIFO (Fisrt In First Out)? or does it work?

vensak said:
Which means the same 0 chance to be nominated when seeing the ITA nomination scores so far. Both of you have to go through provincial nomination or LMIA in order to get ITA. So I fail to see the real difference there.
Exactly, I don't want to exhaust my savings taking IELTS till get CLB 9 if that score does not going to get me an ITA.

bellaluna said:
It happens often. Nothing to be ashamed about.
bellaluna thanks for your answer. Yes that is a good point. I could survive that :). I'm concerned about getting older like 36, 37 years old and by that time even with Canadian Experience would not be enough to get and ITA. After more than 30k dollars spent.

Hansdza said:
You need to ask yourself first. Why do you want to do that (immigrating to Canada)? For what reasons?

Your lawyer is right, go to college, get PGWP, get Canadian Exp, apply PR either through EE or PNP. In many cases this works either way. This is what many people are doing... And yes, it is very feasible. Don't worry too much about your age in this regard.

But again, the real question is why do you want to do that? rebuilding your life from scratch. Ask people who have done so if it is really worth it. If it is what they really want. Ask again and again..
Hansdza thanks for your answer. Yes, fare enough. Well, I have visited Canada like 5 times, last time I spent 1 year in Toronto, studying English, best experience of my life, best memories of my life and after that I'm in love with Canada. I'm from Colombia and to be honest I've never felt that I fit this country or their culture.

Beside that my sister lives in Toronto since 2002 and she is Citizen, she always support me on this kind of things so she's willing to help me.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are from Colombia, then you have rather possible path. Go for French language. You can learn that nicely at home within 1 to 2 years you can hit CBL7 level and proceed for Ontario French stream.
As for other PNP. First check them all even if they are currently close
Identify which one you could fit it if it was opened.
Prepare all documents needed for that one or those where you can fit in and then the tight waiting begins.
These days most of PNP open just for hours and they are instantly taken by people that have everything ready (for example Saskatchewan 500 positions in the in demand occupations were taken within 6 hours).
So that said you need to have everything ready (scanned, translated) and even applications form pre-filled. After that you will be able to react just within hour to put down your PNP application.
That what reality is.

As for studies - only and only if you really want more studies, other than that it might be a road to nowhere for you. PNP is the best option.

aniket2789

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
Pune , India
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Passport Req..
17-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2017
LANDED..........
19-07-2017
Nartus said:

1. I think you recalculate your points with CLB 10 and try to achieve CLB 10. I think you can reach around 450. My spouse is 32 , bachelors (professional course dentistry)and can Reach 469 with CLB 10 ,though 463 now due to CLB 9.
2. Do your ECA IF not done that can Improve your Score.
3. If Your married And spouse is qualified and younger with some experience Try with spouse as principal Applicant.

aniket2789

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
Pune , India
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Passport Req..
17-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2017
LANDED..........
19-07-2017
It is not easy to get student Visa for Canada at this age, You can try though, as it is not impossible.

Nartus

Star Member
Oct 11, 2016
vensak said:
If you are from Colombia, then you have rather possible path. Go for French language. You can learn that nicely at home within 1 to 2 years you can hit CBL7 level and proceed for Ontario French stream.
As for other PNP. First check them all even if they are currently close
Identify which one you could fit it if it was opened.
Prepare all documents needed for that one or those where you can fit in and then the tight waiting begins.
These days most of PNP open just for hours and they are instantly taken by people that have everything ready (for example Saskatchewan 500 positions in the in demand occupations were taken within 6 hours).
So that said you need to have everything ready (scanned, translated) and even applications form pre-filled. After that you will be able to react just within hour to put down your PNP application.
That what reality is.

As for studies - only and only if you really want more studies, other than that it might be a road to nowhere for you. PNP is the best option.
Hi vensak, well, French is not my favorite language, CLB 7 could take long if I'm not enjoying the learning process ;), but yes it is a path.

Thanks for your advice on the PNP preparation of documents, it is a good idea to have everything prepared in advance.
I having IELTS exam by the end of January 2017, crossing fingers.

How many times in a year a PNP is open? twice or three times? or is completely random?