+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

90 days status restoration ends soon

dilberyunus

Jun 5, 2017
I applied for status restoration and a work permit with the same employer after my original work permit expired. CIC allows 90 days to remain in Canada. What happens when 90-day is up and I still don't get my work permit extension?
P.s. I submitted my permanent residence application around the same time I submitted application for a work permit extension, and I haven't received a confirmation of reception for PR yet.

Many thanks for any insights to this.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You can remain in Canada without status until you receive a decision on the restoration application.

How did you apply for PR? Generally speaking, you need to have status in Canada at the time you apply for PR. If you were out of status in Canada at the time you submitted your PR application, that could be a problem and result in refusal.

dilberyunus

Jun 5, 2017
You can remain in Canada without status until you receive a decision on the restoration application.

How did you apply for PR? Generally speaking, you need to have status in Canada at the time you apply for PR. If you were out of status in Canada at the time you submitted your PR application, that could be a problem and result in refusal.
I applied through PNP. Long story short, I applied for PR before my work permit expired then they returned it to me due to an error in my documents. By the time I collected the correct documents from my home country (it took a long time) and sent the PR application for the second time, my work permit expired.

Queenlatifa

Nov 3, 2018
I applied through PNP. Long story short, I applied for PR before my work permit expired then they returned it to me due to an error in my documents. By the time I collected the correct documents from my home country (it took a long time) and sent the PR application for the second time, my work permit expired.
Hello . So what happened for you ?