+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

9 months later we are done

next_Step

Mar 3, 2009
Hello everyone,

I would like to share my success story. I applied to sponsor my Wife and she did an Inland Permanent residence application

We sent application early June 2008
they started processing early July 2008
First Stage Aproval Mid November (notified by letter) 2008
application complete (notified by letter) late february 2009
file transfered to local office and yesterday MArch 20th we received our letter fo confirmation of permanent residence with a landing appointment for early April.
Aparently it takes 4 to 6 weeks to get PR card in the mail after that (I will confirm later)

from the time we sent the application until the landing appointment it has been almost 10 months. and we are very happy to be able to say that my wife is a Permanent Residece.

From Our Experience we can tell you that....

When you log into E-cas if the link says IN_PROCCESS it means just that, regardless of the Comment you might find in the notes when you click on the link.

When you log into E-cas if the link says DECISION MADE, then you can expect a Letter in a couple of months or less telling you the result of the decision, and If Succesful that the file was trasnfered to a local office.

Calling the Call centre is absolutely Useless, they will never give you hard information regarding your file becuase they don't have it in front of them and they will always tell you worst case scenario when asking about processing times. They will only stress you out more if you call them, so do your self a Favour, Don't Call them!

Just sit back and wait for the letters in the Mail which are the only real truth and the only real confirmation of what is happening with your application.

I wish you all success on you applications

NEXT_STEP

rich_m0nd

Star Member
Jan 10, 2009
Re: 10 months later we are done

hi next_step. congratulations. i just have some questions. i didn't know if proof of relationship that we sent was enough. i had sent pictures. joint car insurance. we didn't have a lot from last time but we want the sponsorship to start already. we've been living together few months before we got married. i feel relieved reading a success story like yours. i sent the application on november 2 2008 and started processing december 2 2008. i already sent the payment and all i can provide. i'm scared of refusal. you see i wanted to leave the country to be able to finish an exam and be able to be a registered nurse and i can't do so because of the sponsorship.

next_Step

Mar 3, 2009

Rich_mond,

All we sent was photos as prrof of relationship, we sent 60 photos, of our trips together, family gatherings, outtings with friends and most of all Lots of Wedding Photos.
We have joint accounts but didn't send that info.

Don't be scared about refusal, if you relationship is legit, you have nothing to worry about.
Be patient, as this is a process that will take at least 1 year and no matter how many times you call the call centre, it won't change a thing (learned that the hard way)

About leavig the country, The real Deal about that topic is this, if You are doing an in Canada Application it is not recomended to leave, for two reasons, one, if they try to contact you and can't get a hold of you, they will push your case to the back of the line or even cancel your application, and the second reason is, if for whatever reason you are denied re-entry in to the country, your application will be canceled. Play it safe and stay here. Apply for a study or open work permit right away so that while you wait for the application to be completed, you can work or study. IT will also help you maintain your legal status in Canada which you must have at the time your PR is issued to you. ( this is regardless of the changes thy brought in in feb 2005 that says inland applicant don't need to have legal status during their stay)

I hope this info helps.

Take care

rich_m0nd

Star Member
Jan 10, 2009

next_step

thanks. it does help. and it's a relieve. my fear of refusal is that i applied for refugee claim. my status is good. i currently have a work permit but i wanna change that permit when i recieve anything from them and so i will drop my refugee claim. everything is legit and yes we sent pictures of our trip and wedding. it's a small wedding though. we plan of getting married in like a big wedding when we are both nurses already. we go through rough times and we fight sometimes and i know it's common and part of it. sometimes i'm scared that we brake up and all this sponsorship will disappear like a smoke. but everything is legit. we live together it's just maybe we're young still. thanks for your help.

Idontknow

Mar 26, 2009

Are you from out east? I have done the same thing with my wife and we are out west and it has been 17 months and still no interview or anything yet.

next_Step

Mar 3, 2009

Idontknow said:
Are you from out east? I have done the same thing with my wife and we are out west and it has been 17 months and still no interview or anything yet.

we are in BC.

rich_m0nd

Star Member
Jan 10, 2009

idontknow,

that sound scary. i'm from vancouver.. and you said 17 months. that's really scary to think. i mean wow. i hope i get 10 months and done.

next_Step

Mar 3, 2009

I Am so happy to be able to tell you that my wife is officially a Permanent resident in Canda. Monday April 6th, we went to her landing appointment. It was a piece of cake.

They make you go in a room and take your seat number assigned to you as per the last letter sent. 3 people will start calling seta number int he roder assigned and basically they just ask you if you have has any criminal charges laid against you during the time your application was being processed. Smile, laugh and shake hands and that's it.

I recalculated the time, and form the Moment they started to process our appication only 9 months went by. Not 10 as in the title. They also said the permanent resident card is done in nova Scotia and it takes 4 to 6 weeks to receive it in the mail after the appointment.

I wish all of you success with your applications!

Next_step (my next step is to go on holidays ;)

jvhd

Dec 28, 2008
Next_step,

Very glad to hear stories like yours - sheds some light in our wait!

Enjoy your holidays!
Jean

rich_m0nd

Star Member
Jan 10, 2009
next_step

what kind of criminal charges? ooh that's scary that they ask that. congratulations. did you both go to interview as well. did you have to represent your partner?