flair

May 31, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6 Oct 2014
Hi I'm thinking of applying for an 8 Months post graduate program at Seneca. I understand that if i'm accepted, I will receive an 8 months study permit. But my worries are more on AFTER my graduation such as:

1) To apply for the Post-Graduation Work Permit, I would need to be on a valid study permit. But since I can only apply after I receive my transcript from the school, wouldn't this means my study permit has already ended? After all, my study permit is only for 8 months.

2) Does anyone have any experience of getting an 8 months Post Graduation Work Permit? Does employers even consider you since your work permit is only for 8 months compared to other candidates with longer work permit duration than you??

Appreciate if you could share your views. Thank you so much in advance!

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

flair said:
Hi I'm thinking of applying for an 8 Months post graduate program at Seneca. I understand that if i'm accepted, I will receive an 8 months study permit. But my worries are more on AFTER my graduation such as:

1) To apply for the Post-Graduation Work Permit, I would need to be on a valid study permit. But since I can only apply after I receive my transcript from the school, wouldn't this means my study permit has already ended? After all, my study permit is only for 8 months.

2) Does anyone have any experience of getting an 8 months Post Graduation Work Permit? Does employers even consider you since your work permit is only for 8 months compared to other candidates with longer work permit duration than you??

Appreciate if you could share your views. Thank you so much in advance!

1. If study permit about to expire and no PGWP in hand for want of transcript/passing certificate, apply for 'Bridge Extension Visa', maximum 3 months validity, gives you enough time to get transcript and PGWP in process.

flair

May 31, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6 Oct 2014
enfield said:
Hi,

1. If study permit about to expire and no PGWP in hand for want of transcript/passing certificate, apply for 'Bridge Extension Visa', maximum 3 months validity, gives you enough time to get transcript and PGWP in process.
Thank you Enfield!