+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

8 months still waiting

FetaSalad

Oct 31, 2022
Hi there,

May I ask your opinion on following Situation.
Can I leave Canada while my fiancée's Visitor Visa is in processing?

- I was in Canada as PR in the past years.
- This February, my fiancée applied Visitor Visa, included my invitation letter (as fiancé), which means, in the application, it's declared our relationship and it is me invited her come to Canada, also mentioned she will go back to her home country after the visit, as well as she will financially support herself during the visit.
- In July, I left Canada and come back to my home country as my family member got serious health problem, and I will stay in my home country in the next 3 months maybe (until early 2023).

Background:
- She got Visitor Visa 4 years ago under same way, which means, in that application, it was me (as PR) invited her to Canada as Common-Law Partner.
- She has travel history in the past 10 years, to countries such as UK, DE, FR, DK, etc.
- She is obtaining decent job in her home country and she has included the documentations in her application this time.

Usually, the processing time of Visitor visa is less than 2 months (the city and country where the visa office located).
But until now, 6 more months past, she received nothing else other than request letters of Schedule 1 (IMM5257b) and Biometrics. (She had submitted them in March and July, before I left Canada).

On the basis of above Situation and Background, the Question is:
Is it a problem that I have left Canada while I am the one invited my fiancée for the Visitor Visa? Or say, do I have to return and stay in Canada under this situation - before her Visitor Visa gets a result?
For Family Class (Spouse Sponsorship) PR application, I can see the sponsor must be in Canada (if PR), but how about Visitor Visa?

Appreciate if you have any ideas or advices.

Last edited:

lucasinho

Star Member
Jul 28, 2022
Of course you can leave Canada and take care of your family. She's applying by her own means, your invitation letter does not really matter. She can try to submit a webform and ask about her application.

Reactions: FetaSalad

FetaSalad

Oct 31, 2022
Of course you can leave Canada and take care of your family. She's applying by her own means, your invitation letter does not really matter. She can try to submit a webform and ask about her application.
thank you for the reply.
She submitted the webform and got reply said it's under verification but got delay by external partner, and they have no information about when this can complete. IMO this is a "standard" reply.

seems the only option is keep waiting, or withdraw the application and re-apply, with a new invitation letter since I am out of Canada now, or re-apply after I re-entering Canada next time.

FetaSalad

Oct 31, 2022
Passport Received. Thank you again.