+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

7th draw done, ITAs 925 and cut off score 469

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
I guess 20-30% would be the people who rejected their ITAs due to POF or other issues . I see some people are getting ITAs while they already have applications in process in the legacy PR system, I wonder how would they treat the ITAs.

I have a feeling that CIC will do big draws like 5k to 8k per draw sometime this year probably in last months and people with more or less 350 point would get ITAs. It is not a prediction but just a signal form my 6th sense :p.

People would also get PNP and LMIA but thats a little slow game. Employers are still trying to understand and digest the facts of EE system and most of the PNPs are not much different than LMIA process. There are a few requirements common in both categories.

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
Got ITA :D under CEC CRS 925 EE profile submited April 7

Nightrocker

Feb 27, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2011
Med's Request
08-06-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2011
LANDED..........
23-08-2011
visaowl said:
hahahaha exactly. 5 of my clients were just in reach with 443-451 score. Irish girl with 451 score did react quite strongly to this draw. Was awesome to hear.
Your clients have good score. I'm at 401. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

MedZed

Jun 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
se7en said:
I guess 20-30% would be the people who rejected their ITAs due to POF or other issues . I see some people are getting ITAs while they already have applications in process in the legacy PR system, I wonder how would they treat the ITAs.

I have a feeling that CIC will do big draws like 5k to 8k per draw sometime this year probably in last months and people with more or less 350 point would get ITAs. It is not a prediction but just a signal form my 6th sense :p.

People would also get PNP and LMIA but thats a little slow game. Employers are still trying to understand and digest the facts of EE system and most of the PNPs are not much different than LMIA process. There are a few requirements common in both categories.
5K to 8K? No way!

Vicky2015

Feb 19, 2015
Another point is CIC says 22000 people are EE pool at the moment while alone FSW alone demand is much more higher for this year. Interesting to see how they are going to meet the year target?

Jaiveer Singh

Aug 22, 2013
Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Its so dejected that one of my cousin got ITA as he has 481 score and you know what "HE DECLINED" ITA because he is working on a project which will give him promotion in home country then why Canada? What a waste of ITA

bvivekanand

Mar 18, 2015
MedZed said:
If there were 925 people with 469+ scores just in two weeks,god knows how many candidates are sitting at 350 to 450!
I think CIC wants to keep the cut off score in a certain level, it's pretty obvious by the number of ITAs issued in this draw!
Assumption that all 925 people who received ITAs in 7th draw joined in past two weeks may be incorrect. (Some of the) Existing candidates in the pool might have increased their score or they might be successful in getting job offer.

visaowl

Star Member
Mar 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bvivekanand said:
Assumption that all 925 people who received ITAs in 7th draw joined in past two weeks may be incorrect. (Some of the) Existing candidates in the pool might have increased their score or they might be successful in getting job offer.
925 people went past 469 score within last two weeks is the take-away.

gmduncanidaho

Star Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2
Doc's Request.
Jan 14 & Jan 24
AOR Received.
Jan 2
Well this is sad news. I had made this post on another thread, I think my lawyer had some information from the government. I don't think I'll be getting an ITA before September. For context, I had posted the following on another thread:

gmduncanidaho said:
I was told today by an immigration lawyer that he is not expecting the scores to drop to low 400s before September. I guess we'll wait and see what happens.
gmduncanidaho said:
It would be hard for CIC to reach their goals if they don't reduce the minimum scores for the ITAs, unless they are planning to mass invite in the last quarter of the year and increase the processing time (maybe even longer than their goal of 6 months) instead of reducing the minimum score for invitations.

One mistake most of us (including me) are doing here is that assuming that CIC will keep a steady number of invitations coming throughout the year, but in reality they can just reduce the number of ITAs issued for a while or do more stream specific (e.g. CEC only) draws until the number of people on the pool will get to a point where the top 20000 people (assuming that's the number at that point they will need to reach their goal) will be at a minimum of, say 300 points. This way they ensure that all the ITAs they issue will have gone to highly skilled people or people who already adjusted to Canadian life (CEC).

From what I understand his reasoning was similar to my description above; they will keep inviting people over 450 to get the people with the highest skills ("geniuses" in his words), the people the market needs currently (LMIA & PNP), and the people who already adjusted to Canadian life (CEC) until they get close to the end of the year. I guess then he is expecting CIC to start inviting many thousands of Vanilla-FSW applicants (No LMIA, No CEC, No PNP) per draw to reach their goals.

So again I believe he thinks that the number of ITAs issued won't be as high as they were in the previous draws in the Q2 and Q3 draws, but would be very high in Q4 draws. Or CIC will have CEC only draws pretty often (depending on the number of people on that stream)

This kind of makes sense to me especially since Canada would want to get the best of the best among the applicants and would want to keep the minimum score to be invited for PR at a maximum. At the last quarter of the year, the number of people between 300 and 600 would be very high, and a significant portion of the FSW goal would have been filled with LMIA holders already, increasing the minimum CRS needed for invitation. This would allow them to select only applicants scoring very high on the scale and not invite people below 300.

Naturally I'm making these numbers up but to provide a better context, what's important is that you understand my reasoning.

He even said he doesn't want me to pay him before I get an ITA because he wouldn't want to "steal my money". It was pretty discouraging. This is a very well known lawyer in Toronto too so I think he knows what he's talking about...
In addition to what I said above, we're also not taking into account the people who applied for PR in the previous years and will receive their permanent residency within this year. The target minimum is a huge number but there are also a lot of people waiting to be issued Permanent Residency.

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
MedZed said:
5K to 8K? No way!
Like I said, its not a fact or not a prediction but just a feeling. It might be possible if CIC is going at the same trend.

How many ITAs are issue so far? I am not going to count all the numbers but with in 7 draws the number is around 7k. If CIC keep the same trend doing two draws a month then how many ITAs would be issued after 14 draws? Say more or less 16k and that would be the month of July. How many months are left? 5 right. So will CIC keep the same trend for the whole 2015? If yes then I assume the there would be round about 35k or a little more ITAs issued for 2015.
Adding spouses and kid wont make it to 60K applicants.
Make sense?
So CIC will have to do some big draws I assume to atleast get close to its thresholds. People who get ITAs this year in last months might be getting their applications processed in 2016. So again CIC should be doing big draws sometime this year

tdot_guy

Nov 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was hoping it will drop to 430 lol...I haven't done my WES evaluation, anybody know how many points i will get for 3 years bachelor degree evaluation?