+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

???????????????????????

Silentwind

Star Member
May 25, 2011
I have paid the RPRF (right for permanent residence fee)more than a month now,someone i know told me his wife went into last medical test 3 weeks after her,now she got Visa,how come we haven't got any news yet,am trying to be patient but stressed out ..

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
I do understand your pain, its stressful to be away from your spouse for long. And I think you know this already, but I reiterate. Every case is different, and for your own peace of mind, please do not compare and stress yourself further. You will get that visa soon! Just hang in there...sending loads of good wishes to you :)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Silentwind said:
I have paid the RPRF (right for permanent residence fee)more than a month now,someone i know told me his wife went into last medical test 3 weeks after her,now she got Visa,how come we haven't got any news yet,am trying to be patient but stressed out ..
It often takes 6-8 weeks to process the RPRF after it has been paid.

Silentwind

Star Member
May 25, 2011
Thank u both for taking the time to reply,talked to my wife last night,and we both agreed to try patience and positivity,god bless!
Thank u! :)

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Silentwind, you paid the landing fee, but did you send the receipt to CIC-M (they have a special address for mailing in the RPRF fees and such)?

Also I just have to mention the subject of this thread is lovely ;)
Silentwind said:

Silentwind

Star Member
May 25, 2011
Hi ddobro2!
Yes i did,i paid online & even though not needed i printed,filled and sent receipt xpress post just to make sure.
I even called the case processing centre & they confirmed to me by checking on the computer that the payment has been added to our file about 3 weeks after i paid.

My wife is taking french courses in her country,and one of her fellow student undergoes the same situation,the thing is,after both were interviewed,my wife got asked to undergo final medical check 3 weeks before her ,now the girl has received notice to send her passport to V-O,which obviously means she is getting her visa,yet me and my wife still haven't got any news.

I heard somewhee that some people would pay the RPRF at the very beginning of their application with the other 550 that we all pay to Mississauga,and that may be the reason why that girl have got it first,bc her husband did pay both fees on the very start.If i woulda known i woulda done so as well.. I guess the only thing left to do is to take Shamsia's advice +be positive!

Silentwind

Star Member
May 25, 2011
Haha i just happened to see ur other post in blue below,why (lovely)?
Bc i am admiting to the public that i miss my wife? XP

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Silentwind. I'm actually not so sure that the sending in of the receipt is optional. Otherwise, how would they match up the payment online to your file (as others have pointed out, and I've read plenty of posts about people paying but still getting a request to pay RPRF later on). But anyway, that's not your problem. You already paid and sent in the receipt (and even have them confirm it over the phone).

The problem might be what scylla stated - that it takes them 6-8 weeks to process the payment (as to why I have no freaking idea). On the other hand you said that according to the call center, they "added the payment to your file" 3 weeks later. Not sure if that constitutes processing it fully though. And yes, people who paid at the time of sending in the file would obviously be processed faster. So give it another month. I don't know what visa office you're with but assuming the RPRF is the only the holding up your file then you can inquire with the VO again or order CAIPS notes after another month. Needless to say, each case is different so it may not be the RPRF. It could be any number of things, including random luck.
Silentwind said:
Hi ddobro2!
Yes i did,i paid online & even though not needed i printed,filled and sent receipt xpress post just to make sure.
I even called the case processing centre & they confirmed to me by checking on the computer that the payment has been added to our file about 3 weeks after i paid.

My wife is taking french courses in her country,and one of her fellow student undergoes the same situation,the thing is,after both were interviewed,my wife got asked to undergo final medical check 3 weeks before her ,now the girl has received notice to send her passport to V-O,which obviously means she is getting her visa,yet me and my wife still haven't got any news.

I heard somewhee that some people would pay the RPRF at the very beginning of their application with the other 550 that we all pay to Mississauga,and that may be the reason why that girl have got it first,bc her husband did pay both fees on the very start.If i woulda known i woulda done so as well.. I guess the only thing left to do is to take Shamsia's advice +be positive!

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I said that because when I saw a thread with about 20 question marks for the title, I thought "wow, that's descriptive" ;)
Silentwind said:
Haha i just happened to see ur other post in blue below,why (lovely)?
Bc i am admiting to the public that i miss my wife? XP