+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

730 days rule failed, PR card is still valid!

andrey_gpw

Nov 26, 2018
Hello!
Need your advise guys!
I landed in Canada in November 2014 and received PR status. Was living in Canada for about 7 months in total.
My PR card is sill valid until November 2019, but rule 730 days in last 5 years is failed!
What do you recommend?
Try to come to Canada by Airplane or by ground from USA? Where is better chance not to be reported by immigration officer?

Thanks in advance!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello!
Need your advise guys!
I landed in Canada in November 2014 and received PR status. Was living in Canada for about 7 months in total.
My PR card is sill valid until November 2019, but rule 730 days in last 5 years is failed!
What do you recommend?
Try to come to Canada by Airplane or by ground from USA? Where is better chance not to be reported by immigration officer?

Thanks in advance!
Equal chances that you might get reported.

Reactions: jddd

rish_ind

Oct 31, 2012
  1. Hello Fellow members,

Thanks for all input.
Question: Many friends suggesting to travel via US-Canada land border in case of expire PR card. But if I travel from third country and just crossing via US and In case CBSA asked for US address and phone number then what to answer?
And what is best option: rent car from US or friend living in Canada can pickup is advisable?

Please guide, Thanks lot.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
  1. Hello Fellow members,
Thanks for all input.
Question: Many friends suggesting to travel via US-Canada land border in case of expire PR card. But if I travel from third country and just crossing via US and In case CBSA asked for US address and phone number then what to answer?
And what is best option: rent car from US or friend living in Canada can pickup is advisable?

Please guide, Thanks lot.
You can provide the US hotel address and phone number.

Other than rent car or have a friend pick up, you can bike and walk to Canada.

bricksonly

Mar 18, 2018
I bet fly in better. Sometimes waiting line is too long and all lucky people just let in without facing any officer!