Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
CharlotteJ said:
Well said and done, truly. Thank you for taking time to point out these 7 keys to succes being newbe in Canada.

Staying positive is the one that matters most. When you stay positive, you automatically tend to stay open to all new around you, being places and peoples or cultures. When you leave your " home" country behind, then leave behind all that was once annoying you and forget all about it. After all, you have indeed taken a risk by doing so and move away and there has been many reasons as to understand why you decided to move to a new place, like Canada, and to have it been called " home" for you. Stay open and positive. Back home, you 've seen many negativities and you ll surely will face those in a totally new concept and of a totally new version now in your new " home" too, but be alert and just ignore them. Being ignorant is also a good thing to carry on with all along with you when facing certain situations and/or encountering certain peoples.

I for one can speak of quite a few Canadians themselves, but also Americans, who are so negative about life in Canada and can tell me of how many rules and regulations are set there to punish the rich or people who want to be free, of how poor the integration of poor or shall I say less fortunate people and the above average resident has been in neighborhoods or at workplace etc. But these people, when you friend them and talk to them openly, will sure tell you of their own personal failures mostly due to their arrogance and personal limitations and now rejected to life around them. Avoid them, ignore them, don't care much about their feelings I shall say, but once you notice they are just living a boring, empty, colorless bland meaningless life, just avoid them.

Do not interact with people who are too busy dealing with money, expenses, materialities etc.

Put away your arrogance, leave behind your alter ego and be a new born one! such move is not only and not just a move, but also a " new beginning" a " new birth" , you ll be reborn and not many do get such chance. Be open, stay open and start from the beginning. IF you want to make money and have it more, bigger, better, you better stay where you are and work harder and have it all. But if you want to change your life and live it to the full, in a better more relaxed environment with more colors, more languages, more ideas and less people in comparison to many countries on this planet these days, just choose to live in Canada and be happy.

The best thing about such decision, regardless of your age is, that you ll be a teenager again, looking for ANY job and when your plan A doesn't work, then so be it and try plan B all the way to Z. somewhere along the road, you ll find something to rely on and to start with and improve your life every single day with little but meaningful improvements. You ll be there for sure, if you have confidence, smile and just happy.

Good luck to all! ;D
Well said C.
U definitely deserve a thumbs up!

Plz be the way u r.
U can make things happen when u believe...

Q

Drea

Star Member
Dec 3, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
0632 | 4131
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-09
Doc's Request.
16-07-09
AOR Received.
22-12-09
IELTS Request
16-07-09
Med's Request
20-05-10
Med's Done....
13-06-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-07-10
VISA ISSUED...
30-07-10
LANDED..........
13-12-10
CharlotteJ said:
Well said and done, truly. Thank you for taking time to point out these 7 keys to succes being newbe in Canada.

Staying positive is the one that matters most. When you stay positive, you automatically tend to stay open to all new around you, being places and peoples or cultures. When you leave your " home" country behind, then leave behind all that was once annoying you and forget all about it. After all, you have indeed taken a risk by doing so and move away and there has been many reasons as to understand why you decided to move to a new place, like Canada, and to have it been called " home" for you. Stay open and positive. Back home, you 've seen many negativities and you ll surely will face those in a totally new concept and of a totally new version now in your new " home" too, but be alert and just ignore them. Being ignorant is also a good thing to carry on with all along with you when facing certain situations and/or encountering certain peoples.

I for one can speak of quite a few Canadians themselves, but also Americans, who are so negative about life in Canada and can tell me of how many rules and regulations are set there to punish the rich or people who want to be free, of how poor the integration of poor or shall I say less fortunate people and the above average resident has been in neighborhoods or at workplace etc. But these people, when you friend them and talk to them openly, will sure tell you of their own personal failures mostly due to their arrogance and personal limitations and now rejected to life around them. Avoid them, ignore them, don't care much about their feelings I shall say, but once you notice they are just living a boring, empty, colorless bland meaningless life, just avoid them.

Do not interact with people who are too busy dealing with money, expenses, materialities etc.

Put away your arrogance, leave behind your alter ego and be a new born one! such move is not only and not just a move, but also a " new beginning" a " new birth" , you ll be reborn and not many do get such chance. Be open, stay open and start from the beginning. IF you want to make money and have it more, bigger, better, you better stay where you are and work harder and have it all. But if you want to change your life and live it to the full, in a better more relaxed environment with more colors, more languages, more ideas and less people in comparison to many countries on this planet these days, just choose to live in Canada and be happy.

The best thing about such decision, regardless of your age is, that you ll be a teenager again, looking for ANY job and when your plan A doesn't work, then so be it and try plan B all the way to Z. somewhere along the road, you ll find something to rely on and to start with and improve your life every single day with little but meaningful improvements. You ll be there for sure, if you have confidence, smile and just happy.

Good luck to all! ;D
Very eloquently put Charlotte! And how true!

CharlotteJ

Jul 31, 2009
It does make me happy to read and receive such lovely comments on my behalf.

I truly wish one and everybody who has plans to establish herself/himself in Canada all the best as long as they do bear in mind that doing such requires patience, energy, positive attitude and openness to a whole lot than one has been used to & certainly be cautious for anybody or anything out there that might harm their confidence or trust. Never give up and stay cool. Be yourself, you ll be good. :)

flyingpigs

Jul 20, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I've attended the 7 success secrets talk too. Nick is indeed very inspirational. He has founded an immigrant magazine which provides a lot of useful information on housing, jobs, education for newcomers. Here's a link to the magazine: canadianimmigrant.ca

NickN

Jul 19, 2010
Wow! I just saw this! Thanks to abelkwh for posting it and to others for your kind remarks. I do speak regularly on this in Vancouver, but plans are afoot to expand this. All dates are posted on a 7 Success Secrets facebook page and on immigrantnetworks.ca

Regards,

Nick Noorani

singh092120

Aug 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-Nov-2009
Doc's Request.
9-Feb-2010
Nomination.....
26-Mar-2010
AOR Received.
6-Apr-2010
IELTS Request
Allready done
File Transfer...
17-Feb-2010
Med's Request
20-jan-11, Received 27-1-11
Med's Done....
31 Jan. 11
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-01-11
VISA ISSUED...
22/02/2011
LANDED..........
On 25/03/2011
work hard and earn money, spend it in your native country.