+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

7 days too short on my QR

winterland

Jan 1, 2014
Due my work for an Canadian company I need to travel a lot outside Canada. I am 7 days short on the 1024 days.
I have a Canadian born common-law partner, a daughter born in Canada, a house, a car and Canada is my only place of residency.

I start my application in Dec 2011, got my and QR a few months later and submitted with all the proofs. (Proof of all my flights,
where we lived, proof of bank account, properties, educations, letters of volunteer work). The only thing I didn't have the time for
was the proof of the border crossings and the translation of my stamps. I have more than 500 stamps in my passport.

A few days ago Dec 18 2013 I received 3 letters:
- One letter letting me know they are still working on my file
- One letter with the invite to take my citizen test on Jan 22 in New Brunswick
- One letter to give my consent to get the CBSA Report.

Any experience or advice in my case you could share?

A father that wants to stay with his daughter and common law wife.

canadp

Feb 25, 2009
California
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2009
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2010
LANDED..........
29-07-2010
you say you have 500+ stamp on your passport.

1. Before you apply for Citizenship you should probably know how critical situation you are in. Top of that you said you were 7 days short.

When CIC see this situation, this was sure that you are going to get RQ even if you had not days on short.

So I come to the point for your situation.

1. Request for your CBSA report online immediately so you will get it probably in 30 days.

2. you said, you submitted all the documents to CIC when you applied. Now collect all the ORIGINAL documents like address proof, education history, bank accounts, or anything else.
2.1 : Sort out all these documents in order of Dates.
2.2 : Group all documents by category like addresss, bank doc, tax assessment, or anything else you can think of.
2.3 : Make a document checklist in excel file and note down all these documents information and date wise.

3. When you do this exercise you will exactly know what you have or if you are missing something. so whatever you missed out, collect those information and put it together.

4. You have citizenship test, let say you pass the test, and you may or may not get the interview and judge or CIC may ask you to come with original documents. If you have done exercise 1 and 2, you will be ready to face them. And I believe more you go in an organize manner, more your chances of SUCCESS.

Hope this help.

canadp

Adding ....

According to 3 letters, as they already asked for the test, you are mostly good to go.

However, I mentioned my points in case they send you another letter after test to bring ORIGINALS. There if you have send some document, and you missed out or misplaced any document while interview, it will be a problem and that is why my whole point of doing that exercise and to be ready for that situation is.

Thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is nothing much you can do but keep going and follow their instructions. By the way, the requirement is 1095 days, not 1024. I think it likely that they will give you citizenship as you seem to reside in Canada although you travel a lot on business. However, even if they don't, it's not like you can not stay with your wife and daughter as you could just continue being a PR.