March 14, 2012
AOR Received.
Approved June 21, 2012 (no AOR)
Med's Done....
February 12, 2012
Interview........
Hopefully waived
Hi everyone,

Just landed in Burnaby, BC last week and I'm 6 months pregnant. I'm due to give birth last week of April or 1st week of May. Coverage of MSP is effective April 1, so I understand I will have to pay for the routine check-up, tests, ultrasound and whatnot until then. I saw my husband's doctor earlier today for a referral but I was told that no doctor/ob-gyne here would want to take me since I'm already far along into my pregnancy, even if I did bring all my blood test and ultrasound results from the Philippines. She said she only knew of one doctor who MIGHT take me, but at the same time warned me that this doctor was 'too fast' and was not the right doctor for me if I had many questions about my pregnancy. As this is my first pregnancy, I already know I will have many questions for the doctor. I googled information for this doctor and was discouraged at the horror reviews other patients had of her. I can't help but feel stressed out for myself and my baby!

I heard that BC Women's provide maternity care for those with pending MSP and landed immigrant status, however one of their criteria is that the patient should live in Vancouver. This may sound silly, but would Burnaby be considered part of Vancouver in this case?

Also, would any of you know of a good doctor/ob-gyne who would probably take me in?

Thanks very much!

haver

May 30, 2009
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Juillet!
Richmond has a great maternity clinic in their hospital, they are called Noakes. I went there for my second pregnancy and I had a really good experience. You could try giving them a call (604.233.3222)and explain that you really need someone to look after you with this pregnancy and that you are having a tought ime finding a doctor or clinic that will take you in. Another otpion is to go with a midwife, I know that they charge a lot less and are prety good with as well.
I would suggest getting a private insurance meanwhile, but you are quite far along and the most they will cover is 31 weeks.
Lots of luck, hope you will find a good clinic or doctor/midwife.

juillet

Feb 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 14, 2012
AOR Received.
Approved June 21, 2012 (no AOR)
Med's Done....
February 12, 2012
Interview........
Hopefully waived
haver said:
Hi Juillet!
Richmond has a great maternity clinic in their hospital, they are called Noakes. I went there for my second pregnancy and I had a really good experience. You could try giving them a call (604.233.3222)and explain that you really need someone to look after you with this pregnancy and that you are having a tought ime finding a doctor or clinic that will take you in. Another otpion is to go with a midwife, I know that they charge a lot less and are prety good with as well.
I would suggest getting a private insurance meanwhile, but you are quite far along and the most they will cover is 31 weeks.
Lots of luck, hope you will find a good clinic or doctor/midwife.
Thanks haver! Much appreciated!