+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Me and my spouse are in the USA today on L1b visa which expires in a few months
Both are citizens of India.
We have a son - 3 years old, who is a citizen of the USA.
We have temporary resident visas (TRVs) and approval for work permits and also both have approval letters.
I have a job offer from a company in Vancouver. The company filed for both our work permits.
My wife does not have any offer letter from a Company in Canada.

I'm uncertain whether my family will be allowed entry at this time because of Covid19. I see on the Canadian site that whether my family will be allowed entry depends solely upon the immigration officer and the site says that a relocation *can* be allowed.

I'd appreciate any advise on the following
  1. If we travel together and my wife and son are denied entry, what is the protocol on where she has to return. She cannot travel to US as her L2 visa status is expired. She can travel to India but to do that she has to get a flight from Vancouver. I can book the return flight to India from Vancouver ahead of time but where would she stay till she gets to board the flight?
  2. If I travel alone and my wife travels later, is there any benefit in that? Maybe the Covid situation could improve or there are clearer guidelines from Canadian Government on family relocation for temporary worker, but that is uncertain today. Also, It seems we have to address the same issue if she is denied entry around return flights and stay.
Technically you child and spouse don’t need to enter Canada for job or school so they should be denied entry but it isn’t consistent. Would try to send a webform and get an answer on paper.