+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

66 point

harit79

Aug 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi
We have applied under Federal Skilled Migration program and the problem is that we have total of 66 point.
She took the exam 3-4 times but she is not able to get desire point.
Now we are thinking to go ahead with 66 point, she is working as a Professor in one of the very good Engineering college in Gujarat ( Nirma University).
Please guys let me know what supportive documents do i need to provide, so we have more chances to get selected?
Your quick response will be greatly appreciate.
Or you can email me on harit_eng@hotmail.com

nvr

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Even if you are teaching in the best univeristy of the world..you will be rejected if you do not have 67 points.

swattoo

Star Member
Sep 30, 2009
@ Harit,
How have you calculated 66 points........Can you elaborate the principal applicant's profile......

k1940b

Star Member
Dec 4, 2008
HARIT 79

I can understand your frustration. IELTS is tricky exam and can not to be taken as a measure of true potential of a person in English language. Unfortunately CIC relies on it and there is no choice. Your are applying for "Professor" caragory and a weak score is sure to make a mockery of the position of a Professor (no offence) and lead to rejection immediately (with 66 points). If I were you, I would not submit a weak IELTS score but write strong explanatory note giving reasons or proof that your position as a professor, your education, schooling etc. deserves exemption from IELTS. In most cases (99.9%), they will not accept this explanation but will write to you to take IELTS exam and will give you 30-60 days. In this way you can get 3-4 months to prepare and sit for one or two more examinations and better your score. If you can not improve it, there is no chance that your application with 66 oints in the catagory 4121 "University Professor" will be approved.

harit79

Aug 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Swatoo

Here is the description of points

Education : B.E Electronics 20 point
IELTS : 2+2+2+4 = 10 point
Experience : more than 4 year 21 point
Spouse Education : Master : 05 point

All together 66 point

Tonsils Hockey

Star Member
Jun 18, 2009
www.NotCanada.com
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
June 2010
k1940b said:
HARIT 79

I can understand your frustration. IELTS is tricky exam and can not to be taken as a measure of true potential of a person in English language. Unfortunately CIC relies on it and there is no choice. Your are applying for "Professor" caragory and a weak score is sure to make a mockery of the position of a Professor (no offence) and lead to rejection immediately (with 66 points). If I were you, I would not submit a weak IELTS score but write strong explanatory note giving reasons or proof that your position as a professor, your education, schooling etc. deserves exemption from IELTS. In most cases (99.9%), they will not accept this explanation but will write to you to take IELTS exam and will give you 30-60 days. In this way you can get 3-4 months to prepare and sit for one or two more examinations and better your score. If you can not improve it, there is no chance that your application with 66 oints in the catagory 4121 "University Professor" will be approved.
Wow, thats what we call a loop hole.

swattoo

Star Member
Sep 30, 2009
harit79 said:
Hi Swatoo

All together 66 point

You are correct in calculating your points.... Just give it a try again. May be there is an improvement in any of the 2+2+2+4. Or is it possible that you become the principal applicant (if you qualify). If so, tht would be great, coz wont need your wife's test scores.

nasj

Star Member
Jan 22, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Why you don't change the spouse to principal applicants?

with Master degree you can get 25 point for education
4 years exp = 21 point
Age= 10 point
If you got in the ILETS low score = 2+2+2+2=8 Point
Spouse With B.E =4 point
Total= 68 points
Assuming spouse under 38 NOC.

doc28

Oct 18, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i completely agree with nasj. spouse can b principal applicant, also try to better on Ielts.its not that tough. u guys r qualified if u get proper guidance im sure u can do better on IELTS.

coolguy001

Star Member
Oct 28, 2008
harit79 said:

All together 66 point
If your spouse have 4 years of work experience and job reponsibilities match with any noc which is given in 38 occupation list, then you can change your spouse as principal applicant,then you may qualify..else other way is you could learn french and claim points in french language.

aamirdr

Oct 16, 2008
Remedical done Medical Done
Category........
Visa Office......
London now... old Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 -08- 2009
Doc's Request.
8 -10-2009
AOR Received.
8-10-2009
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
16-8-2009
Med's Request
re medical done march 2014
Med's Done....
passed
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Insha Allah in october 2014
dont apply with 66 point, just wastage of time and money

harit79

Aug 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
doc28 said:
i completely agree with nasj. spouse can b principal applicant, also try to better on Ielts.its not that tough. u guys r qualified if u get proper guidance im sure u can do better on IELTS.
Hi Nasj,
My wife is primary applicant , not me. My occupation doesn't come under 38 NOC list.

winner

Nov 10, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo,NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24 Nov 2009
AOR Received.
Dec 2010[2nd]
File Transfer...
28 Sept 2011[Detroit]
hey
there is what they call substitute evaluation,so you can apply tho ur point is below 67 but ur chance depends on the visa officer who is assigned for ur case and the strengthen of ur supporting documents,,, u can read this link for further info
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-substituted-evaluation.html
Yes, Canada accepts Skilled Workers based upon their ability to become economically established in Canada. If the Canadian Immigration Visa Officer believes that the point total does not accurately reflect your ability to become economically established in Canada, the Canadian Immigration Visa Officer may use his or her positive discretion (referred to as substituted evaluation) and approve your application even though you score less than 67 points.

harit79

Aug 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
winner said:
hey
there is what they call substitute evaluation,so you can apply tho ur point is below 67 but ur chance depends on the visa officer who is assigned for ur case and the strengthen of ur supporting documents,,, u can read this link for further info
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-substituted-evaluation.html
Yes, Canada accepts Skilled Workers based upon their ability to become economically established in Canada. If the Canadian Immigration Visa Officer believes that the point total does not accurately reflect your ability to become economically established in Canada, the Canadian Immigration Visa Officer may use his or her positive discretion (referred to as substituted evaluation) and approve your application even though you score less than 67 points.
Thanks for the information.
Do i need to submit any supporting documents?