+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

6 selection points vs. CRS points

Sarzz2330

Aug 9, 2018
If under CRS you can only get points for siblings why does it ask about other relatives under the 6 selection step which comes before you make an express entry pool profile. There is no verification of having other relatives in Canada when asked at the 6 selection stage....what is the point of it then?

ankitptrivedi

Jun 7, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-03-2018
AOR Received.
14-03-2018
Med's Done....
21-03-2018
Passport Req..
27-06-2018
If under CRS you can only get points for siblings why does it ask about other relatives under the 6 selection step which comes before you make an express entry pool profile. There is no verification of having other relatives in Canada when asked at the 6 selection stage....what is the point of it then?
You must first have sufficient points(67/100) from the six selection factors to be eligible for any of the FSW program.

Sarzz2330

Aug 9, 2018
You must first have sufficient points(67/100) from the six selection factors to be eligible for any of the FSW program.
Yes this I know but it's not a situation where they even verify that I have a relative at that stage for me to get minimum 67/100....its not like later in the process i get points for an uncle...so why even use all relatives when I can truly only get crs points for sibling

ankitptrivedi

Jun 7, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-03-2018
AOR Received.
14-03-2018
Med's Done....
21-03-2018
Passport Req..
27-06-2018
Having a relative adds only to the FSWP points and not to the CRS(unless that relative is a sibling).

ankitptrivedi

Jun 7, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-03-2018
AOR Received.
14-03-2018
Med's Done....
21-03-2018
Passport Req..
27-06-2018
I know that...don't think you are getting what I am saying
I know you’re asking why they should award points for relatives in six selection factors when only points for siblings are considered for CRS.

Qualifying under the six selection factor opens up options to immigrate to Canada so those 5 points for adaptability could prove to be really useful for someone who might not have enough points in other areas.

Last edited:

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Yes this I know but it's not a situation where they even verify that I have a relative at that stage for me to get minimum 67/100....its not like later in the process i get points for an uncle...so why even use all relatives when I can truly only get crs points for sibling
The six selection factors determine whether you are eligible or meet the criteria to migrate through FSW. Only those applying under FSW can get these 5 adaptability points.

CRS determines how soon you can get an ITA, and somehow they determined to grant points only to applicants with siblings in Canada. Those applying under FSW, CEC, and FST can get these 15 points.

The six selection factors had more significance before Express Entry/CRS. If someone got 0 points from age, they could make it up through other factors like adaptability, when it was first come first served to get PR approval rather than the ITA/CRS basis today.

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September

When you fill express entry there is a question for relatives in Canada. If it's a sibling then you get 15 points. If it's an aunt and uncle then you get no points, but still have to provide proof of relationship, especially if your fsw qualification is dependent on it. But if you are not relying on those 5 points then it's ok if you don't mention any aunt/uncle and you don't have to provide any proof.

So to answer your question, it is verified eventually. The fsw calculator and crs calculator are for you to check your eligibility. Ultimately when you fill your express entry profile, based on the information you provide cic will determine if you are eligible or not. And if you're claiming points for aunt/uncle in fsw then you have to mention in your profile otherwise it will become ineligible.