+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

6 Months Diploma Counts?

vivekgupta15

Dec 28, 2014
Hi,

In my qualification i have completed 4 yrs B.tech degree and then 6 months Diploma in Computers from pune University. Just wondering if 6 Months diploma will count or not? Do i have 2 post-secondary degrees or one?

Thanks,
Vivek

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/will-wes-evaluate-3-month-certificate-course-from-pune-university-t297292.0.html

vivekgupta15

Dec 28, 2014
thanks for reply. Here is what i found:

wes.org/educators/pdf/indiapolicypacket.pdf

Above link says:

Postgraduate Diplomas (PGDip)
within the university sector almost always require a minimum of a
bachelor’s degree for admission. However, this may not be the case with non-university institutions.
Programs range from six months to two years, alth
ough most require one year of full-time study. PGDip
programs are generally professionally oriented. The
Association of Indian Universities
recognizes
from a small number of non-university institutions as
equivalent to an MBA from an Indian university.

Does this mean 6 months Diploma in India is equivalent to post grad? My 6 months diploma from CDAC Pune required minimum 3 yrs of graduation. Will appreciate your inputs.

Thanks,
Vivek

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vivekgupta15 said:
thanks for reply. Here is what i found:

wes.org/educators/pdf/indiapolicypacket.pdf

Above link says:

Postgraduate Diplomas (PGDip)
within the university sector almost always require a minimum of a
bachelor's degree for admission. However, this may not be the case with non-university institutions.
Programs range from six months to two years, alth
ough most require one year of full-time study. PGDip
programs are generally professionally oriented. The
Association of Indian Universities
recognizes
from a small number of non-university institutions as
equivalent to an MBA from an Indian university.

Does this mean 6 months Diploma in India is equivalent to post grad? My 6 months diploma from CDAC Pune required minimum 3 yrs of graduation. Will appreciate your inputs.

Thanks,
Vivek
This is not to discourage you Vivek, but your six month diploma evaluated as 'two post secondary......' is highly unlikely. WES has its own process and systems in place to make an evaluation. Many 2 year PG have been treated variedly - like one year of graduate study, second undergraduate diploma etc. This essentially means that the second degree or certificate is not fully completed. Also if it is qualified from a non recognized institution, there is no point to include that for calculating your points.

I hope it is clear.

omnishu

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
niravk said:
This is not to discourage you Vivek, but your six month diploma evaluated as 'two post secondary......' is highly unlikely. WES has its own process and systems in place to make an evaluation. Many 2 year PG have been treated variedly - like one year of graduate study, second undergraduate diploma etc. This essentially means that the second degree or certificate is not fully completed. Also if it is qualified from a non recognized institution, there is no point to include that for calculating your points.

I hope it is clear.

Hi,
I wanted to know, what is considered to be `recognised` for 6 months diploma courses.
I am pursuing Diploma in Entrepreneurial Management which is an online course, by Welingkar - NAAC and UGC-DEB accredited.
Is it termed to be recognised or not ?

Mar 17, 2016
omnishu said:
Hi,
I wanted to know, what is considered to be `recognised` for 6 months diploma courses.
I am pursuing Diploma in Entrepreneurial Management which is an online course, by Welingkar - NAAC and UGC-DEB accredited.
Is it termed to be recognised or not ?
Were you able to get points on the diploma?

qwerty89

Jun 14, 2016
HI guys,
I am in the process of applying for the ECA at WES.
I have completed my PGDM - full time from Welingkar College.
Any one has any idea whether the program will be given any weightage.
My application really depends whether i get any marks for the same!!!

Thanks

kknid

Mar 14, 2017
Did anyone here got the WES assessment done for 6 months Post graduate certificate? I am about to complete a PG certificate from IGNOU (6 months duration)! Wanted to check if it will be worth a try getting it assessed from WES!

VBha

Aug 11, 2017
Hi, wanted to check if your 6 month diploma was validated by WES?
I completed a full time 6 month General Management program from IIM, Lucknow. Would it be worthwhile getting it assessed by WES? Or is the duration is too short to be useful. Thanks in advance.

sksaxena

Apr 19, 2017
I have completed my WES evaluation recently, of B.Tech and CDAC PG-D(six months).

RESULT :

B.Tech is considered Valid as 3 or more years Bachelors.

PG-D of CDAC is marked as 'Non- Recognized Institution and non-equivalent to Canadian Education'

I applied for Re-evaluation also and result remain unchanged after that too.

HelloJai

Oct 28, 2017
Did anyone here got the WES assessment done for 6 months Post graduate certificate? I am about to complete a PG certificate from IGNOU (6 months duration)! Wanted to check if it will be worth a try getting it assessed from WES!
Hi,I too am planning to pursue the same but havent been able to confirm if it is AICTE approved and will it be accredited by WES.Have u completed your diploma

manishavats17

Mar 26, 2018

I hope it is clear.
If you could answer my query as well. I got my ECA last yr. i have done b.com and m.com, but my ECA shows my masters as “one year PG diploma” now the ques is I have also completed an advance diploma in computer based accounting (3yrs) along with my b.com, but i didn’t get ECA for it. Should i get it done? Will it improve my ECA ? Will my masters be considered as masters if I evaluate it?
Plz reply m struck at 432 points since july

Lohith Kotian

Jul 6, 2019
did you get ur 6 months certificate assessed?
Did anyone here got the WES assessment done for 6 months Post graduate certificate? I am about to complete a PG certificate from IGNOU (6 months duration)! Wanted to check if it will be worth a try getting it assessed from WES![/QUOT
If you could answer my query as well. I got my ECA last yr. i have done b.com and m.com, but my ECA shows my masters as “one year PG diploma” now the ques is I have also completed an advance diploma in computer based accounting (3yrs) along with my b.com, but i didn’t get ECA for it. Should i get it done? Will it improve my ECA ? Will my masters be considered as masters if I evaluate it?

Nov 18, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
2148 or 0124
Having a masters or two degrees (with one being diploma) both have same points weightage for crs score. I believe there would be no added benefit for masters eca. Except that it will cost you 100$ more. You should already be in position to select two degrees option if your eca states it this way.

Lohith Kotian

Jul 6, 2019
Having a masters or two degrees (with one being diploma) both have same points weightage for crs score. I believe there would be no added benefit for masters eca. Except that it will cost you 100$ more. You should already be in position to select two degrees option if your eca states it this way.
Will a six months diploma be considered