+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

5th draw might be today

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
singhabhineet said:
What really is a bummer is the fact that the last draw was 745 points. That means without lmia/pnp, the person with 735 would have merely 135 points!!
Where people such as myself, who can't really get a job since the profession is controlled/licensed (nursing, can't get a job till I'm registered in the nursing council which isn't easy sitting in here in my home country) are sitting here with 390 points after scoring a freaking 8 in the ielts!

That's the whole point. Many people come to Canada as PR and are unable to find jobs at their level because they don't Canadian experience or there's no shortage in their usual field. They struggle to provide for themselves and their families and some end up on government assistance. Read through the different sections in the forum and you will see the stories. Those who have jobs (LMIA) hit the ground running so regardless of how it may seem to you there are people who analyse these factors and make decisions for the good of Canada. It will never be fair in all cases but few things if any in life are. Be patient. Your time will come.

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
ButterflyChemist said:
That's the whole point. Many people come to Canada as PR and are unable to find jobs at their level because they don't Canadian experience or there's no shortage in their usual field. They struggle to provide for themselves and their families and some end up on government assistance. Read through the different sections in the forum and you will see the stories. Those who have jobs (LMIA) hit the ground running so regardless of how it may seem to you there are people who analyse these factors and make decisions for the good of Canada. It will never be fair in all cases but few things if any in life are. Be patient. Your time will come.
It's not just about hitting the ground running. It's about trying to find jobs for the people already here before adding more competition for them.

Alwin KJ

Aug 15, 2012
Guys, I have told you before that the cut off points will come down in the future draws. The point for 5th draw is 481, drastic drop of 251 points from 735.

It would definitely drop further as low as 300 in the next couple of draws. Wait and see. Its not very easy to obtain PNP and LMIA. Those categories have already been issued with ITA. It will take at least 3-4 months for these groups to fill the pool again.

Under normal circumstances, an applicant from outside Canada could practically score only up to 494 and that too if he is young, have Phd or Masters and also sufficient experience. Most of the appliants are between 350 - 450 range