+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

57 days

Aqsa malik

Sep 9, 2019
Hey.
The normal process for me was 35 days but after 52 days i got passport request today. No one can guess the result but last time i got refused it takes my application 25 days only to recieve the refusal email. Good luck to u.
U lucky! I wish i can get passport request too..kindly share when you get your passport back with stamp

MOHAMAD11

Star Member
Sep 1, 2019
Visited The Netherlands, germany, framce for 2weeks in 2017.
Gergia, armania, and india in 2018.
Few times to Turkey and Dubai.

MOHAMAD11

Star Member
Sep 1, 2019
I know people who have gotten a Canadian visa without traveling history.. because they haven't traveled to any country before.
believe that or not... in most cases, it really depends on the officer's mood and how they are thinking.
I agree. The travel history is only to show the officer you are well traveled and have money for travel. Also to show you are not staying in canada as you already been to develop countries before. I also know some one who is the first stamp on her passport was Canada. Even my mom and dad never been out of iran but in 50 age they never stay in canada. Plus all family live in Iran except my brother so no reason for them to travel out of Iran, but my brother was the reason to travel to canada.

Sam Jankiz

Star Member
Jul 25, 2019
They came same time. Like in 2 mins time diffrence.
So, people will always get this letter when they apply to Canada visa even if they don't give their biometrics in the second or third or ... time.

Did you get it in your email or in your account on their website?

MOHAMAD11

Star Member
Sep 1, 2019
So, people will always get this letter when they apply to Canada visa even if they don't give their biometrics in the second or third or ... time.

Did you get it in your email or in your account on their website?
I got email on my mail box to check my account.

oJoy

Sep 6, 2019
If processing takes time, it does not mean it is doomed to be a refusal. A delay in the processing can be due to the influx of applications. Rejection comes if an applicant does not satisfy the visa officers requirement which is a valid purpose, strong ties (job, home, assets, family) and
financial capability to travel to Canada.

Paper application takes time compared to online.
You can check the estimated days of processing via https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html . Do note that the time it takes to send an application between a VAC and IRCC plus the time you need to give your biometrics is not included on the computed estimated days.

Better link your application online so you can see the up-to-date status https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/link-paper-online.html
You just need to create a GCkey account, sign in and then "Link an application to this account” to start. You need a copy your application because
specific information about your application will be asked.
Surprisingly for applications from Nigeria paper applications seem to be processed faster than online submissions. I am on day 88 now.

Last edited:

Zainab Saleem

Jul 26, 2019
I am currently in canada and my mother applied for her visa with my invitation letter 3 weeks ago. I am in the same boat. Dont know when and what to expect!