+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

50 points for job offer or LMIA?

aaww

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Hello guys, according to this http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/express-entry.asp:

Change the Comprehensive Ranking System points for a job offer:

• 50 points for a valid job offer in a National Occupational Classification 0, A or B occupation
  • 200 points for a valid job offer in a National Occupational Classification major group 00 occupation

Does that mean a valid NOC 0/A/B job offer automatically guarantees you 50 points? Or this has to be an LMIA?

sweetcute123

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
25-09-2016
IELTS Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
Passport Req..
24-01-2017
valid NOC 0/A/B job offer automatically guarantees you 50 points
a minimum of one year experience in same NOC

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
aaww said:

• 50 points for a valid job offer in a National Occupational Classification 0, A or B occupation
  • 200 points for a valid job offer in a National Occupational Classification major group 00 occupation

Does that mean a valid NOC 0/A/B job offer automatically guarantees you 50 points? Or this has to be an LMIA?
It is only for certain work permit types.

If you are on a TWP, you still need an LMIA and a written offer of full-time employment for at least one year from the date you become a PR.

If you are on an ICT or NAFTA work permit, you do not need an LMIA, just the written offer.

It does not apply to PGWP, spouse/dependent open work permits, or IEC permits.

http://www.cicnews.com/2016/11/canada-outlines-significant-changes-comprehensive-ranking-system-crs-express-entry-immigration-118652.html

ajithj

May 1, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2017-Mar
AOR Received.
2017-Mar
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
2017-Mar
Passport Req..
2017-May
LANDED..........
2017-Jun
aaww said:
Hello guys, according to this http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/express-entry.asp:

One of the following criteria has to satisfied:

1) Need LMIA

Or

2) Need 1 year experience in Canada in NOC O, A or B job and your work permit States the name of your employer and your visa was granted under intra-company transfer/NAFTA/mobilité francophone etc.

Open work permit holders (PGWP and spouse work permit s) do not qualify for additional 50 points.

aaww

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
That's bad news :( I'm holding a PGWP. So 30 pts for international student is the only new thing to me I guess..

ManuGaur

May 17, 2018
Hi,

I have a question incase you have an idea on the same.
I am on Closed work permit + LMIA approved on date April 3rd 2019(last year).

As the LMIA was for 2 year the validity is till April 2021( Now less than 1 year) , can i still claim this as Valid Job offer.
My offer letter does not mention any END contract date, though it states I am on permanent employee contract.

I can claim the 1 year experience points => Yes i believe
Valid job offer 50 points = > Any comments

Regards & good luck to all

El_Brujo81

Sep 4, 2019
Hi,

I have a question incase you have an idea on the same.
I am on Closed work permit + LMIA approved on date April 3rd 2019(last year).

As the LMIA was for 2 year the validity is till April 2021( Now less than 1 year) , can i still claim this as Valid Job offer.
My offer letter does not mention any END contract date, though it states I am on permanent employee contract.

I can claim the 1 year experience points => Yes i believe
Valid job offer 50 points = > Any comments

Regards & good luck to all
See @jes_ON response above. Your job offer letter needs a statement for the duration of employment as mentioned there.

Bulldog90

Star Member
Mar 4, 2019
Hello House,
i have a question and would appreciate it if anyone could answer it
- I have a PGWP do i need to get a LMIA to claim the 50 points?
-I currently have 12 months experience with the same employer willing to help me with LMIA. Can i leave the employer after I get the lmia and receive invitation on my express entry?

Last edited:

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello House,
i was a question and would appreciate it if anyone could answer it
- I have a PGWP do i need to get a LMIA to claim the 50 points?
-I currently have 12 months experience with the same employer willing to help me with LMIA. Can i leave the employer after I get the lmia and receive invitation on my express entry?
Yes, you need an LMIA.

Have you even read the requirement for a job offer? The employer needs to offer you a job for at least a year after becoming a PR to get the points. If you quit after getting an ITA, it's safe to say the offer is off the table and you will lose the points.

Reactions: El_Brujo81

ManuGaur

May 17, 2018
See @jes_ON response above. Your job offer letter needs a statement for the duration of employment as mentioned there.
I am working on a LMIA approved job almost a year now, NOC A
Does the above offer letter wording enough to claim job points , there is no end date in my offer letter and i am not a contract employee.

With below wordings in offer letter , can i claim 50 points for Valid Job offer ?

"
We are pleased to offer you the position of Manager at xxxxx in our Financial Services Business Unit in the Toronto office on the terms of this offer letter and attached Employment Agreement. You will report to xxxxx. We believe that you will find working with us to be both professionally challenging and fulfilling. We anticipate having you start on 06/17/2019, however we will be try to be flexible regarding a different start-date if you are unable to start on 06/17/2019, provided that any such flexibility is in the sole and absolute discretion of xxx .

Your semi-monthly salary will be CDN $xxxxxx.xx (annualized equals CDN $xxxxxxxx), less applicable taxes and withholdings. XXXx company payroll is paid on the 15th and the last day of the calendar month. You will be eligible for
15 Days days of vacation in accordance with vacation policy, pro-rated for your first year based on your start date.

Your continued employment with xxxx is at all times conditional upon your being legally entitled to work in Canada (including possession of a valid employment authorization, or permanent residency status, where applicable) and continued satisfactory performance. If you currently hold an International Experience Canada (IEC) working holiday visa; Open Work Permit or Post Graduation Work Permit Program (PGWPP), you are personally responsible to renew your immigration and work authorization, and, to provide to xxxx with timely proof of filing and renewed status.
"

Last edited:

kmsbytes

Star Member
Apr 22, 2018
Category........
Other
I am working on a LMIA approved job almost a year now, NOC A
Does the above offer letter wording enough to claim job points , there is no end date in my offer letter and i am not a contract employee.
Hi
I am in same case LMIA approved NOC2174 job offer full time, permanent for indefinite duration.. Is this qualified for 50points for job offer?
My Work permit expired and was renewed by employer for 2years. Its next expirty is Oct2021.
I have got ITA and now i am worried if i lose 50points, i will go below threshold.