+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

50 extra points with young professional visa?

French1

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Hello everyone,

I am reaching our for your help here because everything I have read online seems very confusing at the moment.

I was wondering if, as a young professional permit holder, I can claim the extra 50 ponts under the new qualifyng job offer definition. I have been working for my employer for over a year and he is mentioned on my young professional visa. (My job is qualified).

Some websites say that I can, such as moving2canada dot com

But Mr Cohen's says no apparently. I wonder if they forgot that the young professional work permits are specific employers visa (wish I could post the links here)

I don't know what to think now, especially because on my EE profile, when I say I have a job ofer, the last question asks if I have a work permit that is LMIA-exempt for other reasons that Nafta. I selected yes but I can't see if the points have been added under this category because I am experiencing trouble with my application, like many other applicants.

Thank you for your help!

Cheers

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
French1 said:
Hello everyone,

I am reaching our for your help here because everything I have read online seems very confusing at the moment.

I was wondering if, as a young professional permit holder, I can claim the extra 50 ponts under the new qualifyng job offer definition. I have been working for my employer for over a year and he is mentioned on my young professional visa. (My job is qualified).

But Mr Cohen's says no apparently. I wonder if they forgot that the young professional work permits are specific employers visa (wish I could post the links here)

I don't know what to think now, especially because on my EE profile, when I say I have a job ofer, the last question asks if I have a work permit that is LMIA-exempt for other reasons that Nafta. I selected yes but I can't see if the points have been added under this category because I am experiencing trouble with my application, like many other applicants.

Thank you for your help!

Cheers
As far as I am concerned you will get that extra 50 points only when you have an approved LMIA. Regardless of your visa or country of residence or NAFTA. Stick around for more answers.

Best of luck,

French1

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
No, some workers won't need an LMIA anymore to get extra points. I'm not too sure if it applies to Young professional work permit holders:

ww w.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2016-11-19.asp

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
French1 said:
No, some workers won't need an LMIA anymore to get extra points. I'm not too sure if it applies to Young professional work permit holders:

ww w.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2016-11-19.asp
Right! Then I don't know! Stick around somebody will answer you eventually.

Best of luck,

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
French1 said:
Hello everyone,

Thank you for your help!

Cheers
As long as you meet the requirements, you are good to claim those 50 points.

http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?mthd=tp&crtr.page=1&nid=1153419&crtr.tp1D=930

If you have already updated the profile and do not see points being added, you probably need to wait because there seems like a bug and many folks are experiencing the same issue. You can also try to withdraw profile and recreate new one which might help.

bhargavg

Jun 30, 2016
on the above link Post-graduate work permits are also indicated that they don't receive any points for Job offer. How come it will benefit international students in Canada who are already graduated. Also, Canadian education still didn't give any points to me in express entry pool. Please someone answer.. is this a bug?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
bhargavg said:
on the above link Post-graduate work permits are also indicated that they don't receive any points for Job offer. How come it will benefit international students in Canada who are already graduated.

International students already get extra points for their Canadian education.

Also, Canadian education still didn't give any points to me in express entry pool. Please someone answer.. is this a bug?

It is not automatic, you have to update your profile...

bhargavg

Jun 30, 2016
Thanks Jes. I did updated my profile with all necessary information in education section. But, still I don't see any points have been added to my profile under CRS for Canadian education.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
bhargavg said:
Thanks Jes. I did updated my profile with all necessary information in education section. But, still I don't see any points have been added to my profile under CRS for Canadian education.
Any updates to your points? Some people report that they only got the points added after creating a new profile. There may be a programming glitch in updating old profiles...

French1

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
I did get the 50 points after the glitch was fixed.

It does not say anything about young professional but the last new question asks if you work for the employer mentioned on your closed work permit. They ask if you have been working your your employer over a year and what kind of work permit it is. I chose closed work permit other reasons (no international agreement...). And got the extra points.

nsasidharan

Feb 24, 2016
Hi,

Need help...

I am working in canada for more than 18 months, and I have a contract extension letter until early 2018.
can I get the additional 50 points as per the new changes.

I am really confused with the following statements..

Points will be awarded for job offers of eligible candidates here on LMIA exempt work permits.

Many people in Canada temporarily on an employer specific LMIA-exempt work permit, but who want to stay in Canada permanently, will no longer need to get an LMIA to be awarded job offer points by the CRS. This includes candidates who are here under the North America Free Trade Agreement, a federal-provincial agreement, Mobilité Francophone, or who are intra-company transferees. The candidates must meet certain criteria, such as at least one year of work experience from the same employer who is providing their job offer. (Do I need to have a new offer letter, I will only get an extension letter which is amendment to the old offer letter..)

Job offers will only need to be a minimum of one year in duration once they receive permanent residence. (How can I get an offer letter like this .. It can be just a contarct offer letter based on the current work permit...)

By changing the job offer requirement from permanent to one year means that more highly skilled candidates working in contract-based industries will have a higher likelihood of receiving an invitation to apply for permanent residence.

Please help me.. Since I am not sure can I proceed on the same..

Thanks!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
nsasidharan said:
I am working in canada for more than 18 months, and I have a contract extension letter until early 2018. can I get the additional 50 points as per the new changes.

Not based on the extension only. Let's be optimistic and say you get an ITA, you apply immediately, and it takes only 6 months for your application to be processed. That means you would have to have a letter of employment for at least one year after July 2017. Your contract extension letter does not cover it.

You also have not stated what kind of work permit you currently have.

Job offers will only need to be a minimum of one year in duration once they receive permanent residence. (How can I get an offer letter like this ..

?? You ask your employer.

Nov 11, 2016
Hello everyone,

Thank you for your help!

Cheers

Hello buddy, I am exactly at the same situation. Do you have any update about it? Can we claim those 50 points extra?