+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

5 years ban

uchedes

Dec 29, 2023
i m a victim of false identity. I have intention of going to canada for study. Unfortunately i was advice to visit first before my school application. Unknow to me that agents falsify my information and applied for visistor visa. After first attempt, the visa was denied. i decided to apply for study permit, i have no idea the information that was used for the visit visa application. immediatly i submitted my study permit, my application was returned back for false identity and was ban for 5yrs. i have been devastated and confused. dont know where to start from. please any advice on what to do next. any possibility the ban can be reversed?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
i m a victim of false identity. I have intention of going to canada for study. Unfortunately i was advice to visit first before my school application. Unknow to me that agents falsify my information and applied for visistor visa. After first attempt, the visa was denied. i decided to apply for study permit, i have no idea the information that was used for the visit visa application. immediatly i submitted my study permit, my application was returned back for false identity and was ban for 5yrs. i have been devastated and confused. dont know where to start from. please any advice on what to do next. any possibility the ban can be reversed?
If you received a PFL, didn’t respond and then received a ban there is not much you can do. You can hire a Canadian immigration lawyer to take it to federal court but it will costs $10k+ and chances of success are low. Even if you did “win” it just means you don’t have a 5 year ban. Still need to reapply for a study permit. Hiring a consultant is never a good idea. You are responsible for what is submitted as you sign off on the application. IRCC is very clear that it is up to you to know what your consultant submits.

When was the date of the ban? If you don’t hire a lawyer and get an opinion on whether it can be fought in federal court then you wait 5 years and try again.

uchedes

Dec 29, 2023
Thanks for your response. this ban happened like 5months ago and i have been devasted n depressed. dont even know where to start from. please can i have a good lawyer contact to have a review if there is possibility of reversing this ban. lawyer advice will be helpful if i can be linked up please. thank you. i wil raise the money to pay for the fees

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
This is a difficult situation. Unfortunately you are held responsible for the information in your application, even if an agent applies on your behalf. If you want to try to overturn the ban, your only option at this point is to hire an immigration lawyer in Canada to try to argue this case for you.

Reactions: Taran D

uchedes

Dec 29, 2023
Thanks thanks thanks. I truly appreciate. Just thinking abt the amount involved. And wanted to know if there is immigration lawyer with lower service fee.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks thanks thanks. I truly appreciate. Just thinking abt the amount involved. And wanted to know if there is immigration lawyer with lower service fee.
What is lower service fees? Start contacting Canadian immigration lawyers to see if you can negotiate or ask for a payment plan. Lawyers charge hundreds of dollars per hour. Moderators of this forum are immigration lawyers - click on the top of the page - Cohen Immigration

Reactions: Fizhér