+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

5 YEAR SPONSORSHIP BAN QUESTION. URGENT!!!!!!!

aivanoob

Apr 8, 2021
If your parents are PR or citizens, why were you not included in the sponsorship application?
thank you for the response Naturgrl . i was sponsored here to canada by my parents about 3 months ago . and i am planning to bring my girlfriend here to canada next year but i dont know if i still have to wait for 5 years . because for what i have read the 5 year sponsorship ban applies to those who got sponsored by a spouse or common-law partner . thank you for the response

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
thank you for the response Naturgrl . i was sponsored here to canada by my parents about 3 months ago . and i am planning to bring my girlfriend here to canada next year but i dont know if i still have to wait for 5 years . because for what i have read the 5 year sponsorship ban applies to those who got sponsored by a spouse or common-law partner . thank you for the response
Assume you are getting married so should not be an issue because you were sponsored by your parents.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
so the 5 year sponsorship ban shouldnt be a problem because i was sponsored by my parents? thank you for the response
The 5 years rule is for someone who was sponsored by another spouse and they broke up and try to sponsor a new spouse.