+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

5 year ban

Shreypatel777

May 14, 2019
Please help me ...

You have been found inadmissible to Canada in accordance with paragraph 40(1)(a) of
the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) for directly or indirectly misrepresenting or
withholding material facts relating to a relevant matter that induces or could induce an error in the
administration of the IRPA. In accordance with paragraph A40(2)(a), you will remain inadmissible
to Canada for a period of five years from the date of this letter or from the date a previous
removal order was enforced.

It was my mistake on the form and now they banned me... I also tried my possible way to prove myself but hard luck!
Can anyone help me out to remove this ban?? I tried to apply for visitor visa and by mistake put NO to the question of not getting rejected to any other country but yes i was rejected for USA and also replied them with it.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Please help me ...

You have been found inadmissible to Canada in accordance with paragraph 40(1)(a) of
the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) for directly or indirectly misrepresenting or
withholding material facts relating to a relevant matter that induces or could induce an error in the
administration of the IRPA. In accordance with paragraph A40(2)(a), you will remain inadmissible
to Canada for a period of five years from the date of this letter or from the date a previous
removal order was enforced.

It was my mistake on the form and now they banned me... I also tried my possible way to prove myself but hard luck!
Can anyone help me out to remove this ban?? I tried to apply for visitor visa and by mistake put NO to the question of not getting rejected to any other country but yes i was rejected for USA and also replied them with it.
You cannot remove the ban. You would have received a procedural fairness letter before this and have been warned about the possible outcome.

Given the number of people who "accidentally" forget to disclose a visa refusal, it's incredibly hard to believe anyone who says they honestly forgot.

Reactions: gupt07ash

Shreypatel777

May 14, 2019
You cannot remove the ban. You would have received a procedural fairness letter before this and have been warned about the possible outcome.

Given the number of people who "accidentally" forget to disclose a visa refusal, it's incredibly hard to believe anyone who says they honestly forgot.
Yes buddy ... It was a mistake ...
The question was :HAVE YOU EVER BEEN REFUSED FOR A CANADIAN VISA OR ANY OTHER COUNTRY

i just read until CANADA and skipped all ahead thinking it will be related

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
The question was :HAVE YOU EVER BEEN REFUSED FOR A CANADIAN VISA OR ANY OTHER COUNTRY

There's nothing you can do. These forms are important and there's no room for "mistakes" with material questions.

Reactions: gupt07ash

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada

This is now your painful lesson on reading all the words on the form before you skip ahead. Buddy.

Shami211294

Mar 4, 2024
Woww. ok. Good to know something can be done to reverse it. I was thinking same to do all to reverse the ban coz I really fear it affecting my going to other countries. I just don't know how to go about it, application was rejected and passport sent back with ban decision last month. So it's like the file has been closed..how do I go about it now?
Hi. I am in the same situation like the one you faced. Do you still remember how long it took from when you submitted your response to PFL to when IRCC made the final decision?