+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

5.5 in IELTS, Does it work

Matibrahim_86

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
Kuwait
Good day guys,

Is IELTS REQUIRED when applying for study permit? The college told me we only provide conditional letter of acceptance not unconditional.

Can I submit the study permit application without ielts score and with conditional letter of acceptance ?

Please advise.

uzair96

Oct 14, 2017
Yes IELTS scorecard is mandatory document required for a study permit, and you also require an official letter of acceptance, I don't think conditional offer letter would be accepted as valid document while applying for Study Permit. What is the name of your college?

Matibrahim_86

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
Kuwait
Assiniboine community college in Manitoba, so what about 5.5 ( L:6, S: 6, W:5, R:5)?

The college officer told me we only provide conditional letter.

And he told me yes you can apply! !! With the conditional letter.

Can I attach that correspondences to my application.?

Please advise.

Thank you in advance ,

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Assiniboine community college in Manitoba, so what about 5.5 ( L:6, S: 6, W:5, R:5)?

Please advise.

Thank you in advance ,
Your study permit is pretty much guaranteed to be refused since you have two scores that are 5. You need to retake IELTS and make sure that none of your individual scores are below 5.5.

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017

Please advise.

Thank you in advance ,
do not apply with this score. instead prepare for ielts for few months and retake the exam.

Matibrahim_86

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
Kuwait
But I think IELTS is not required while applying for study permit right?

Can I achieve that score after obtaining the study permit ?

Thank you in advance,

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017

Thank you in advance,
where are you applying from? In India it is mandatory. I think for Pakistan, Middle east and Africa they dont ask for IELTS. Thats what I saw in one of the posts. not sure though. What does the checklist for your country say?

Prajwalsharmaa

Nov 3, 2017

Thank you in advance,
Dude u have a less score. Yiur English proficiency is too low. Try to get good score. You will apply under general that doesn't require but that doesn't mean u ll get visa .Your low English proficiency cabbr satisfy officer . 5.5 is a very less band score. You may get admission but u cant get visa . Get a good score and then apply. Dont make mistake by applying

Matibrahim_86

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
Kuwait
Thats a funny question what do u need IELTS for after u get study permit? ITELS is something that tells visa officer u can understand and be successful in a mostly english speaking country. If ur english is poor then VO may think u may not pass the courses.
Yes, I know, but the study permit application requirements don't include IELTS.

This is my point now.
And it's not funny question, it is logic question .

Thank you,

Matibrahim_86

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
Kuwait
Dude u have a less score. Yiur English proficiency is too low. Try to get good score. You will apply under general that doesn't require but that doesn't mean u ll get visa .Your low English proficiency cabbr satisfy officer . 5.5 is a very less band score. You may get admission but u cant get visa . Get a good score and then apply. Dont make mistake by applying
That's score it self is working in USA universities, Australian, UK.

Don't say it's very low.

It's high intermediate as per IELTS SCORING SYSTEM.

Thank you,

Matibrahim_86

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
Kuwait
where are you applying from? In India it is mandatory. I think for Pakistan, Middle east and Africa they dont ask for IELTS. Thats what I saw in one of the posts. not sure though. What does the checklist for your country say?
Yes, you're only the fit answer up to now

They didn't require anything about ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY

THANK YOU FOR YOUR LOGIC ANSWER

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
So if you think it's ok, why ask the question? Take the advice of people on here who know more about it and try and increase your IELTS. It will make your application stronger. Or if you don't want to take any advice, apply with those scores and more than likely receive a rejection letter.

Prajwalsharmaa

Nov 3, 2017
TheVAC themselves told me, only the checklest points, and the IELTS not among them, nor any ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY document

How come you say I will need .

Thank you for your time,
Hey don't misguide.Australia has less success rate at 5.5 and usa too. Moreover, you aren't an expert . I ve been through all this . Moreover, refer to university and colleges check their English language requirements then prove me wrong

Reactions: scylla