Pre-Assessed..
wlj0918 said:
Ya - I wish that was too high -

Before Nov 19
2 year exp and clb9 undergrad
and
1 year exp and clb9 master
easily get you 460+

The last time cutoff below 470 was April 20(468), with PNP closed the whole time, you'll be amazed how many students who have completed 2year exp and clb9 (aka 490 +) are in the pool right now. Those guys and who with master degree will get picked first then hopefully the cutoff will drop below 470.
This assumption is very incorrect. Most international students are within the 440 to 460 range. Only about 15% of international students have scores between 470 and above. Having a near perfect English score is not as easy as you guys think considering the fact that most international students are immigrants who do not have English as their native language. I am an international student and I am talking based on the scores of most of my friends. Very few of us are actually going the express entry route as contacting home based employers to get reference letters is proving to be a herculean task. Majority of us are relying on PNP for provinces that consider Canadian degrees as a route to PR.

N

newtoexpressentry

what d u guys think what effect the new points change will have on CRS?

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
newtoexpressentry said:
what d u guys think what effect the new points change will have on CRS?
Nobody, including IRCC, can predict crs cut off before a draw. Yet, presumption can be hopefully made that if ~2500 ITAs were given, then there would be chances for having 470 cut off. The reason for such high score is the recent change in crs criteria, i.e. points given to international students. High number of ITAs would clear off their backlog. After about 2-3 rounds, crs cut off may low down to 450 like jan - feb 2015.

Hope for the best..

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
jpv2212 said:
Nobody, including IRCC, can predict crs cut off before a draw. Yet, presumption can be hopefully made that if ~2500 ITAs were given, then there would be chances for having 470 cut off. The reason for such high score is the recent change in crs criteria, i.e. points given to international students. High number of ITAs would clear off their backlog. After about 2-3 rounds, crs cut off may low down to 450 like jan - feb 2015.

Hope for the best..
* Jan - feb 2016..

wlj0918

Star Member
Nov 23, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
newbutterfly said:
This assumption is very incorrect. Most international students are within the 440 to 460 range. Only about 15% of international students have scores between 470 and above. Having a near perfect English score is not as easy as you guys think considering the fact that most international students are immigrants who do not have English as their native language. I am an international student and I am talking based on the scores of most of my friends. Very few of us are actually going the express entry route as contacting home based employers to get reference letters is proving to be a herculean task. Majority of us are relying on PNP for provinces that consider Canadian degrees as a route to PR.
My assumption is based on myself, as an international student who went through 4 year University in Canada.

I genuinely hope the cutoff will be 470 and lower so I don't have to wait until completing 2-year work. Good luck to everyone!

Artorius

Jun 19, 2015
Watch out for the message "Some users of Express Entry are experiencing technical difficulties. We are looking into the matter and thank you for your patience" on the login screen. If it disappears Tomorrow we might see a fair draw else have to wait till 14th for the next one. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Calgary2014

Nov 16, 2016
Visa Office......
Inland
Artorius said:
Watch out for the message "Some users of Express Entry are experiencing technical difficulties. We are looking into the matter and thank you for your patience" on the login screen. If it disappears Tomorrow we might see a fair draw else have to wait till 14th for the next one. Keeping my fingers crossed.
"Regular invitation rounds will begin again in the coming weeks. If you are affected by the changes, you should update your Express Entry profile by December 12, 2016.

All CRS scores will be updated before the next invitation round."

this means the earliest draw will be Dec 14th

OMG_Chakromakro

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Calgary2014 said:
"Regular invitation rounds will begin again in the coming weeks. If you are affected by the changes, you should update your Express Entry profile by December 12, 2016.

All CRS scores will be updated before the next invitation round."

this means the earliest draw will be Dec 14th
Correct i don't understand why some people keep mentioning 12th dec instead . :)

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OMG_Chakromakro said:
Correct i don't understand why some people keep mentioning 12th dec instead . :)
12 december is your deadline to make changes on your EE if you think you need it (like getting points for education or some lmia extempt work visas).

From that people deducted that it should be 14 december. That is nowhere stated. For all we know that they will not be any normal draw before december 12 (it would have no sense).

maxiboy0421

Star Member
Mar 31, 2014
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
01-05-2017
Doc's Request.
15-07-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2017 (PASSED)
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
19-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2017
LANDED..........
09-02-2018
Castillo said:
Sitting on 467 for about 7 months now......any hope of an ITA?
Same here man!

tormentor

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
At this point I'll be happy if there is a draw on 14th, forget about the cutoff.

ashwinbavdekar

Star Member
Nov 5, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I really hope the PNPs run out now, at-least the Human Capital Priorities PNPs they stopped issuing then late February, i hope they are done processing this years application now that the 2017 quota is set to open up soon. ???