41 year old, Applying for Student Permit

zharikrishna

Sep 18, 2019
Saudi Arabia
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Hi,
I hope someone can give their thoughts on my case. I would like to apply for a Student Permit. I graduated with a BS Degree in Hotel and Resort Management in 2002 and have been working ever since. I am now based in the Middle East but would like to study in Canada. I have ties in Canada (uncle and cousins).

1. Should I apply from Saudi Arabia, or my home country the Philippines?
2. I am planning to enroll in a Certificate Program (Human Resource 1 year) Will this matter? (I have worked in Human Resources as well)
3. What do you think will make my case strong
4. Should I apply through the Student Direct Stream?

What are my chances of being granted a Student Permit?

Thank you for your help and insights.

Jcn99

Star Member
Aug 6, 2020
To my understanding, visa officers have historically refused applications where course of study is lower than current qualification, you should consider a master’s degree since you already have bachelors, as this would demonstrate academic progression.

Faith_Canada123

Jul 16, 2020
Hi,
I hope someone can give their thoughts on my case. I would like to apply for a Student Permit. I graduated with a BS Degree in Hotel and Resort Management in 2002 and have been working ever since. I am now based in the Middle East but would like to study in Canada. I have ties in Canada (uncle and cousins).

1. Should I apply from Saudi Arabia, or my home country the Philippines?
2. I am planning to enroll in a Certificate Program (Human Resource 1 year) Will this matter? (I have worked in Human Resources as well)
3. What do you think will make my case strong
4. Should I apply through the Student Direct Stream?

Thank you for your help and insights.

I have ties in Canada (uncle and cousins). They are not considered as immediate family. Hindi sila naka declare sa family info. But if they will provide accommodation, then you can include on SOP.

1. Should I apply from Saudi Arabia, or my home country the Philippines? Either. But if mas strong ties mo sa Philippines like property, assets, family, you can apply from Philippines. Also, your purpose of visit is connected to future plan – which include employment, you have demonstrate what you will gain in studying will benefit you when you go back to your home country. You have no permanent residence sa KSA so mas mahirap i-prove ang ties. But others applied in KSA VAC. But still sa Pinas ang future plan.

2. I am planning to enroll in a Certificate Program (Human Resource 1 year) Will this matter? (I have worked in Human Resources as well) below
3. What do you think will make my case strong below

4. Should I apply through the Student Direct Stream? This will help you prove your financial capabilities. It depends on you. You can also avail GIC kahit regular stream and pay 1 year tuition. Only difference no IELTS sa regular stream

There are few who are successful although malayo gap ng study and some refused. But iba iba naman case ng bawat isa. So no one can tell what are your chances of being approved

It all boil down po how you will present your case. Mapapayo ko po choose your program wisely. Be logical, it must show na may sense yung choice of program mo. Whatever reason you have, it must be a progression of your career, improve your abilities or fill a gap that you have from previous education. Kasi you are going to study at such a great expense then wala namang sense, tapos available pa sya sa country na mas mura like Philippines.

When you choose, try to connect it with: 1. Employment background or 2: Educational Background
If is career change, then you have insert your passion

Always, connect future plan / employment prospects in home country and choice of program. Kasi you are visiting Canada to study, you are studying para sa career progression mo or improvement ng employment prospect mo sa Philippines. Kung para sa business ang reason, still include employment prospect.

Good luck po!

zharikrishna

Sep 18, 2019
Saudi Arabia
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
I have ties in Canada (uncle and cousins). They are not considered as immediate family. Hindi sila naka declare sa family info. But if they will provide accommodation, then you can include on SOP.

1. Should I apply from Saudi Arabia, or my home country the Philippines? Either. But if mas strong ties mo sa Philippines like property, assets, family, you can apply from Philippines. Also, your purpose of visit is connected to future plan – which include employment, you have demonstrate what you will gain in studying will benefit you when you go back to your home country. You have no permanent residence sa KSA so mas mahirap i-prove ang ties. But others applied in KSA VAC. But still sa Pinas ang future plan.

2. I am planning to enroll in a Certificate Program (Human Resource 1 year) Will this matter? (I have worked in Human Resources as well) below
3. What do you think will make my case strong below

4. Should I apply through the Student Direct Stream? This will help you prove your financial capabilities. It depends on you. You can also avail GIC kahit regular stream and pay 1 year tuition. Only difference no IELTS sa regular stream

There are few who are successful although malayo gap ng study and some refused. But iba iba naman case ng bawat isa. So no one can tell what are your chances of being approved

It all boil down po how you will present your case. Mapapayo ko po choose your program wisely. Be logical, it must show na may sense yung choice of program mo. Whatever reason you have, it must be a progression of your career, improve your abilities or fill a gap that you have from previous education. Kasi you are going to study at such a great expense then wala namang sense, tapos available pa sya sa country na mas mura like Philippines.

When you choose, try to connect it with: 1. Employment background or 2: Educational Background
If is career change, then you have insert your passion

Always, connect future plan / employment prospects in home country and choice of program. Kasi you are visiting Canada to study, you are studying para sa career progression mo or improvement ng employment prospect mo sa Philippines. Kung para sa business ang reason, still include employment prospect.

Good luck po!
Maraming Maraming salamat sa in depth answer, malaking tulong sa mga dilema ko. God Bless you.

Reactions: Faith_Canada123

Atchu

Star Member
Jan 27, 2020
To my understanding, visa officers have historically refused applications where course of study is lower than current qualification, you should consider a master’s degree since you already have bachelors, as this would demonstrate academic progression.
Hi Jcn99, whether pursuing the one year graduate certificate in a new field, where I have the work experience of around 4 years, after completing the bachelor's in other field, where I don't have any work experience at all will be acceptable.

Regards

Jcn99

Star Member
Aug 6, 2020
I would argue that you setting yourself up for a very upheaval task to convince a visa officer that you are indeed a bonafide student

Atchu

Star Member
Jan 27, 2020
I would argue that you setting yourself up for a very upheaval task to convince a visa officer that you are indeed a bonafide student
What sorts of issue it might create, irrelevant choice of program ?
Someone who holds the bachelor degree but working in different field as a full-time for a few years since then and now enrolling a year course that is relevant to that field of working as previously doesn't have one related to that work experience.
Is it odd case?

Atchu

Star Member
Jan 27, 2020
Someone who holds the bachelor degree but working in different field as a full-time for a few years since then and now enrolling a year course that is relevant to that field of working as previously doesn't have one related to that work experience.
Is it odd case?
All suggestions are welcome regarding the above one

Faith_Canada123

Jul 16, 2020
Is it odd case?
No not at all. It can demonstrate career progression because you are going to get formal education on the field you are currently now after 4yrs maybe to get promoted or just be able to pursue other position relevant to your work that usually require relevant study and not just work experience.. It will be easier to explain to the VO and considered as logical move.

What is more difficult will be studying to update your previous degree when you have no work experience on this.

Atchu

Star Member
Jan 27, 2020
No not at all. It can demonstrate career progression because you are going to get formal education on the field you are currently now after 4yrs maybe to get promoted or just be able to pursue other position relevant to your work that usually require relevant study and not just work experience.. It will be easier to explain to the VO and considered as logical move.

What is more difficult will be studying to update your previous degree when you have no work experience on this.
Thanks @Faith_Canada123 :)